Pets Gallery

• 1711 Replies

Hartstone

Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #1455 on: June 06, 2013, 21:25 »
Lulu, better you than me with Indie   :D Yuk!!!

Hartstone, what beautiful dogs and they look happy. Were they rescue dogs as I see some greyhounds in there?  Looks like you need a big field to keep them content  :D

Trillium they have all been bred by me and a friend , they are whippets in there not Greyhounds, thanks for your kind comments

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1456 on: June 06, 2013, 22:22 »
Me again.  Have you ever read the 'Rainbow Bridge' poem?  I'm sure you have, everyone who has lost a beloved animal friend, Lulu, ANHBUC, Trilium, myself, everyone.  But may be of some comfort to read it again?

It's a lovely poem - but I take comfort from knowing we've done our best to give them a good life and been there for them at the end where we can. Our young black cat vanished some weeks ago and I'm afraid he's missing in action.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Ah I'm glad John posted this for us all to read.  Makes you shed a tear or two, to be sure, but I find it a great comfort.  John,  all may not be lost with your cat.  Mine was returned to us at the end of April after being missing for two and half months.

New Edition (Number 6)

Rufus

Rufus by Vince31 (Aka Hartstone), on Flickr

Oh I say, what a gorgeous boy!  I adore whippets, love the soulful look in their eyes.  They've been here before.  We have a little jack russell who we all adore.  Must get OH to help me post some pics so I can show off my babies  :)

grendel

« Reply #1457 on: June 06, 2013, 23:54 »
we had a cat that went missing and was found 18 months later, it pays to contact your local cats protection people as they keep a register and ours even has the list on their web page, so if cats are found they can be matched with their owners.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Trillium

« Reply #1458 on: June 07, 2013, 01:20 »
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I never could tell the difference between whippets and greyhounds. That long lean back end always makes me think greyhound.

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #1459 on: June 25, 2013, 22:20 »
Here is our little 'hurricane' Ella .... 10 week old Border Terrier.....

Getting a few lessons in dog etiquette from big cousin Blue ....  :nowink: ....

It's been a very sad, hard year losing our two beautiful old dogs, and Blue too has really missed his very good friends.  Hopefully he and Ella will be good pals.  Though, I'm not sure who will lead who astray first  :D

For sure,  we could do without a repeat of the ten-pin bowling look ...  :nowink:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1460 on: June 25, 2013, 22:28 »
 :lol: :lol: ::)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #1461 on: June 25, 2013, 22:28 »
Oh Lordy!  What a cutie!  I've got a Jack Russell who's 4 and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a border terrier puppy now.  She is LUSH! Love the way her gorgeous puppy ears are flapping in the 4th photo. Puppies ears are yummy  :happy:  Blue is a handsome boy too.  Enjoy every minute!  :lol:

Auntiemogs

« Reply #1462 on: June 25, 2013, 22:30 »
What lovely photos Shoozie. Looks like they're firm friends already.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #1463 on: June 25, 2013, 23:29 »
:lol: :lol: ::)
That sums it up really!  :lol:

Oh Lordy!  What a cutie!  I've got a Jack Russell who's 4 and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a border terrier puppy now.  She is LUSH! Love the way her gorgeous puppy ears are flapping in the 4th photo. Puppies ears are yummy  :happy:  Blue is a handsome boy too.  Enjoy every minute!  :lol:
Thanks  :happy:  she is definitely 100% terrier and a real bright spark.  We might not have many veggies this year  :D. Blue is my brother's wonderful retriever who climbs mountains.  He is a beautiful, kind boy.  They hopefully will be a good combination ! 

What lovely photos Shoozie. Looks like they're firm friends already.  :)
Thank you  :D. We hope they will click and be good life buddies  ;)

Trillium

« Reply #1464 on: June 26, 2013, 00:49 »
What adorable and funny friends you  have, shoozie  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #1465 on: June 26, 2013, 03:26 »
Absolutely gorgeous dogs, both of them.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #1466 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17 »
It's been a very sad, hard year losing our two beautiful old dogs, and Blue too has really missed his very good friends.  Hopefully he and Ella will be good pals.  Though, I'm not sure who will lead who astray first  :D

I know it's been very difficult for you, but it certainly looks as though Ella and Blue will be great pals. :) As for the last part though, need I say? ::) :D
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #1467 on: June 26, 2013, 08:41 »
gorgeous  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #1468 on: June 26, 2013, 10:24 »
Thanks for sharing your lovely photos.   :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Thrift

« Reply #1469 on: June 26, 2013, 11:46 »
Beautiful photos!

There won't be many veggies - you'll spend all your time looking and laughing at that gorgeous twosome  :lol:

xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
Pets with Feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 21:42
by shoozie
xx
Pets as therapy

Started by janet12000 on Pets without Feathers

49 Replies
Last post December 09, 2009, 20:35
by janet12000

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 55 queries.