spring is in the air

• 1 Replies

rowlandwells

spring is in the air
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:01 »
spring is in the a air every time I look around the hedges are budding up and it actually didn't rain here all day but very overcast and black over bills mothers  :D but it didn't rain  :nowink: we started putting a new roof on our potting shed Tuesday it was getting a bit dodgy and the high winds the other week finished it of so we had to re-new the timbers and new corrugated poly sheets that set us back around £300 quid not counting the timber cost and screws I think the overall cost will be around £500  :ohmy:

anyway we had almost finished the cross timbers when down came the rain :mad: on Tuesday afternoon  i ran in the shed and got a plastic sheet to cover over the roof needless to say we got very wet >:( so Yesterday god willing we got the roof completed all we need now is some dry days and we can really say spring is in the air and start on the allotments fingers crossed

jambop

Re: spring is in the air
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:26 »
It is today! Lovely wall to wall sunshine and a max of about 18-20C but we all know there will be hiccups along the way :D
My garden is still waterlogged but the raised beds are fine so it will not be long before sowing is in progress. Tomorrow I will nip up to the market and buy some lettuce plants, at €1.50 for 15 plants I don't bother sowing seeds.
Then the other week I bought enough timber to make another seven 3m x 1.5m raised beds and 40 acacia post to repair my fence , which I will be starting in about half an hour... after just one more cuppa :D

clip
Spring is in the air

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post March 10, 2020, 19:58
by WeavingGryphon
xx
Spring? Or am I kidding myself

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

17 Replies
Last post February 10, 2022, 20:02
by New shoot
clip
A bit of spring cheer.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 30, 2022, 17:20
by rowlandwells
xx
Speeding up Spring's arrival

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 27, 2019, 16:50
by Veg Plot 1B

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 37 queries.