What's the daftest thing you did lately?

• 12 Replies

AlaninCarlisle

What's the daftest thing you did lately?
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:05 »
We've gone down from three horses to just one Shetland pony so whereas we used to get 50 bales of hay delivered, the usage is down to one or two a month and we collect ourselves.
On Friday I decided to go and collect four in my car. Folded the rear seats back to create estate-car room but because I was in a hurry, didn't cover upholstery and carpets with polythene sheet as normal. Thought I'd just run the vacuum through when I got back.
Two and a half hours later, Dyson totally jammed up with the stuff, so had to take it all apart and me totally knackered after non-stop cleaning the stuff which seemed to have woven itself into every bit of upholstery and carpet

Christine

Re: What's the daftest thing you did lately?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 12:25 »
Cracked the fibula in my right leg - couple of small ones  - can't be cured with a Dyson and no idea how I did it but nothing active till end of next month.  :lol:

Could have told you that what you did was not a good idea Alan. You won't do it again I suppose.  ;)

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 13:50 »
Me? Do daft things?  Get real! 🤣 ok, I’ll come clean. Some time ago I lost my keys.....all of them on the one ring. I had brought home the shopping and put it away. Couldn’t find my keys the next day. Hmmmm. Retraced my steps. No luck. Did I put them them down at till in Iceland while I Paid? Back to the shops I went. No keys found in any of the shops I had visited. Back home and retraced my steps again. By now panic is setting in. Retrace...came in the house, removed shoes and coat. I must have put my keys on the hall cupboard. Not there. Into kitchen where I packed away shopping. Some went in this cupboard and some went into that. Milk goes into the outside fridge.
TA DAAAAAAAH! Keys sitting right in the middle of the middle shelf. 🤦🏼‍♀️

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 14:52 »
easily done, I know I have.

Yesterday was a bit daft, I went with a friend to buy her some boots for dog-walking.    She tried on the 38 and then asked for the 39.  At this point another lady walked in who also wanted the 38, so she hovered while my friend was walking around the shop.    My friend said, I don't know, the left feels tighter than the right.
The other lady was now trying on the same.  Then y friend changed her pair to the other size, and said, this is strange the right feels tighter than the left.   By now we were all starting to giggle (except the assistant).
The other lady said, no, they don't feel right do they.    Then my friend lifted up her legs to inspect these boots and she had a 38 on one foot and 39 on the other.   When she changed them, of course she had odd sizes on again.    The other lady said, it would be jolly good if we both had odd sized feet, we could do a swap. !!    Anyway, my friend had the 39, and so did the lady  :D    We staggered out, still laughing, but I shall not go back there for a while  ::)   Mrs Bouquet
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 14:58 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 15:33 »
I was cooking lunch today with a pot of onion gravy simmering away next to a pot of broccoli.  Guess which pot got the gravy browning!!

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 19:58 »
I do the keys thing regularly.  ::)  Along with putting stuff (usually the cheese) back in the dishwasher rather than the fridge.   I also appear to have developed a habit of putting the washing machine on without the ball full of liquid in it.  :nowink: 

Nick-Bris

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 20:49 »
Put a shed base down without the weed suppressing membrane. Too late now :)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 09:15 »
I normally keep my front door key in the lock when I'm at home, putting it in my trouser pocket when I go out (security note: it's actually a side door and has no window or letter box, and is not visible from outside. ;))

The other day, I couldn't find it - searched upstairs, downstairs, pockets of other trousers before finally finding it in the pocket of the jacket I wear when gardening.

OK, not that daft perhaps, but two days later I repeated the entire exercise, having managed to forget what I''d done just the two days before.  ::)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 10:03 »
My purse is always in the zipped pocket of my shopping bag, right. Picked up bag and keys from the hook, walked to the Co op - no purse  :ohmy: Walked home again, feeling really stupid  ::)
Hunt the purse began!.....
An hour or so later, in desperation, I started looking in all the bags hanging under the stairs and found the purse in a bag I haven't used in months  :wacko: Sometimes I wonder if there is a naughty fairy/spirit that hides things just for the fun of it  ::)  :lol:

Elaine G

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 10:06 »
Carefully measured out the ingredients for a fruit cake.
Put ingredients into the mixer, then into the cake tin. Popped in the oven.
Went to wash up and noticed the cherries still sitting there  :lol:

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 14:08 »
Got out of bed yesterday morning about 7.30, printed out my daily Guardian crossword, made a cup of tea then sat down thinking my OH was having a good lie-in. When it got to 9.00 I thought I'd better check that he was ok because he can get very tired if he doesn't usually sleep well, and I'd noticed a bottle of milk on the kitchen top which I thought he may have needed if his tummy wasn't good. Went upstairs to find my OH was nowhere to be seen. No sign of him falling out of bed and I even looked under the duvet just to be certain. Came back down, unlocked the door then went out to the drive only to see his car had gone. OMG! OMG! OMG! I was going to ring A&E and our local police station but I just needed to know what to do, so I called my niece who lives just a few miles away. She said "You daft tart! When I was round yesterday he said he was going duck shooting with his mate and would be leaving home about 4 am."  :blush: 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 14:23 »
Got out of bed yesterday morning about 7.30, printed out my daily Guardian crossword, made a cup of tea then sat down thinking my OH was having a good lie-in. When it got to 9.00 I thought I'd better check that he was ok because he can get very tired if he doesn't usually sleep well, and I'd noticed a bottle of milk on the kitchen top which I thought he may have needed if his tummy wasn't good. Went upstairs to find my OH was nowhere to be seen. No sign of him falling out of bed and I even looked under the duvet just to be certain. Came back down, unlocked the door then went out to the drive only to see his car had gone. OMG! OMG! OMG! I was going to ring A&E and our local police station but I just needed to know what to do, so I called my niece who lives just a few miles away. She said "You daft tart! When I was round yesterday he said he was going duck shooting with his mate and would be leaving home about 4 am."  :blush:

That must have shook you up somewhat!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

rowlandwells

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 14:28 »
went shopping the other day thought its not to cold so I put a good thick jumper on and a body warmer just the ticket walking along to the shops  people looking at me a bit strange

then my wife burst out laughing I looked at her what are you laughing at she replied you've got your body warmer inside out pockets hanging down I felt daft how could I have done that

so I took the body warmer of and carried it as my wife said its bad luck to change it  :D :D

xx
Daftest thing you nearly did lately

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 17:05
by sospan
xx
Hello - is this thing on?

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post March 26, 2021, 08:31
by JayG
xx
Have I done the right thing ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 01, 2019, 17:20
by Christine
xx
Just how do you get every thing done in the garden.

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post April 01, 2023, 11:49
by LILLILEAF

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 50 queries.