Beales Department Store Closing down Sale

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Beales Department Store Closing down Sale
« on: March 14, 2020, 16:35 »
I thought I had got a bargain.  I have been looking for a new cushion for my sofa for a few months.   Spotted one, all the right colours, beautifully made, oblong shape,  Half price, £12.50.     Extravagant for me, but what the hell.    Got it home, and it was so stuffed there was not room for as to sit as well.    Took it back on the bus today.    Assistant said she could not give me a refund as it was not faulty.     I said it was outrageous.
The Manageress was called, who said you can swap it for something else.    So I browsed and eventually, saw a kettle "all singing, all dancing"  Reduced from £60 to £19.99.      Got it home and read the instructions and set it up, filled it with water and the steam belched out one side of the lid.  As I investigated I noticed that the lid was not sitting correctly  and it had grey/blackish marks on the kettle under the dodgy lid.
Tomorrow I have to take it back.    I think the Store finished tomorrow night !!!  The bus only goes every 2 hours, so it will be the 11.30, then a couple of hours to come home.
This is definitely faulty.    I wonder what they will say !!   I wonder what I will say, through gritted teeth :mad:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Beales Department Store Closing down Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 17:00 »
Good luck!

Christine

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 17:40 »
Closing down sales are usually a way of getting rid of all the dross that couldn't be sold - explaining why the store in question is closing down. It was certainly the way of the Beales store that closed down here recently. The stock would have done credit to a run down market stall.

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 18:59 »
 I would like to be a fly on the wall,  when the doors go flying open and in stomps Mrs B , handbag
in one hand and a junk kettle in the other,  pick another kettle tell them you will have it if they make
you a cuppa with it,,,,,
Colin

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 11:08 »
I have to say I'm rather wary about some so-called sales especially when the store is getting their new stock onto the shelves, so you have to ask yourself why they didn't sell in the first place. A bargain's only a bargain if it does the job you want it to without having to take it back or whatever because it was a load of tat in the first place. 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Peter Beales roses

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post December 14, 2023, 09:21
by Goosegirl
xx
Closing up the compost heap.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post November 20, 2023, 01:19
by Subversive_plot
xx
This well known store should worry !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 15, 2020, 13:23
by Aunt Sally
xx
not for sale

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post August 22, 2021, 19:50
by New shoot

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 44 queries.