Unhappy leaves

• 3 Replies

Scottish Mike

Unhappy leaves
« on: June 15, 2015, 18:24 »
OK, the greenhouse has been up for a week, and everything is already under attack!

My chillis have had a nasty aphid infestation, which, thanks to ladybird larvae has been taken care of, while the flea beetles have been munching on my rocket.

However, in the last week, the chillis, rocket and dahlia seedlings have all developed unhappy looking leaves with a grey-bronze type sheen, and it seems to be spreading to some tomato seedlings. From the pictures below can anyone identify what's going on? I don't think it's all aphid related because I haven't seen any on the rocket or dahlias, but I'm not finding anything on Google searches that matches the leaves I have.

Any advice on what it is would be appreciated or whether the plants are doomed (I hope not).
IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG

Lardman

Re: Unhappy leaves
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:06 »
Could be leftover problems from your aphids but the last time I saw that sort of thing it was down to a very bad spider mite infection  :(

oldgrunge

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 21:49 »
Looks like spider mite to me, as well. Rocket and dahlias may find it a bit hot and dry in a greenhouse at this time of year. Spray plants with water, sider mites don't like a moist, humid atmosphere.
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

Scottish Mike

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:40 »
Cheers folks I think you're right (I base this on the red spider mite that has been spotted running over my hand. Grrr!)

I've been misting the last few days and working on increasing the humidity, but it's still spreading. The 2 crimson crush tomatoes are not happy (may be blight resistant, but aren't RSM resistant!) and now it seems to be spreading to both my romas and tigerellas. Everything is looking terrible. Sad times.

xx
Tomato plant leaves

Started by the Kergan on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 19:33
by the Kergan
xx
Purple Tomato Leaves

Started by oldgrunge on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

15 Replies
Last post August 16, 2015, 22:05
by oldgrunge
xx
Leaves & strawberry foliage.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

2 Replies
Last post November 11, 2020, 18:21
by Kleftiwallah
xx
tomatoes with crispy leaves?

Started by m1ckz on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post July 11, 2014, 21:17
by Headgardener22

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.