Why?

• 9 Replies

wighty

Why?
« on: February 24, 2022, 17:17 »
We've just had an egg thrown against our front room window.  Hit it with a large 'thump'.  Couldn't see anyone, but a gentleman walking past with his dog said he saw four youngsters 'legging it' further up the road.   We've hosed it off, but what gives them the 'right' (for want of a better word) to inflict this on someone who has done nothing to them.  I suspect that they found it highly amusing.  I am not amused and neither is Paul.

MrsPea

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 18:49 »
They must be bored while on half term ?
I Love my green house

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 08:40 »
I suspect that they found it highly amusing.
That's probably your answer, too much spare time on their hands looking for cheap laughs.

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 09:18 »
if I done that in my day and got found out I wouldn't be sitting down for a week  :D game for a laugh but look on the bright side it could have been a brick  >:(

grinling

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 13:57 »
but footage might be available on doorbells and car dashcams

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 15:47 »
How annoying for you &Paul. The thing is they set out with the intention of doing it as they needed to buy the eggs & take them out with them. Happened in our old street a few times some years ago & was a pain to get off once it had dried as they did my neighbours house while they were on holiday so I felt honour bound to clean it for them!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jezza

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 10:44 »
Hello an old lady I worked for had the same problem with egg and flour throwing,we knew who had done it,his Granny worked in the local hair dressers the old lady said to granny tell that grandson of your to only throw free range eggs and organic wholemeal flour at her windows and doors,he never threw any thing at windows again    jezza

DanielCoffey

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 10:35 »
The eggs would have been lifted from a shop or from the home of one of the boys for the purpose of the prank. At least it wasn't a half-finished bottle of Buckfast! There is a lot of vegetable oil and sugar in that and it really stains woodwork. The grease in it makes it hard to clean up.

jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 07:37 »
Try Stihl spray cleaner for hedgecutter blades it slifts grease and oil recently had a patch of hydraulic oil on a concrete floor nothing moved it but this stuff,dont go near naked flames with it   jezza

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 22:22 »
Hello an old lady I worked for had the same problem with egg and flour throwing,we knew who had done it,his Granny worked in the local hair dressers the old lady said to granny tell that grandson of your to only throw free range eggs and organic wholemeal flour at her windows and doors,he never threw any thing at windows again    jezza

Some times you have to use subtle means to get the message across , good for you!!  No pun intended but I bet she had egg on her face which may have helped cover the red complexion.

I wonder what the reaction was from the parents and the child .
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 39 queries.