"P" Day!

• 6 Replies

Mogman

"P" Day!
« on: November 26, 2014, 08:26 »
Today is "P" day.......no, no, no...as in painting. I inherited a load of used timber from a neighbour recently, which was perfect for reusing to make the gate over the driveway to the shack the missus has been hinting at all summer. So over the last few weeks I've been measuring and sawing as weather permitted and finally it's done! But I've been blighted with damp, wind and cold weather until now, so yesterday I brought the two sections into the shack, in the hope that I can slosh some paint on today. The sun rose into a blue sky today as promised but I guess I'll need to wait until the sun warms the air some before that as it's been down down to zero and beyond overnight, but I'm hoping I can get enough white stuff on to see it through the winter at least.

I got the posts concreted in before the thermometer dipped below freezing so they're ready to take the gate sections now. I'm looking forward to it like a kid! This'll be the first completed project on the plot, the first of many. My better half, (Bjarna) will be well pleased!  :tongue2:

cadalot

Re: "P" Day!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 08:31 »
Mogman

We need you to start a diary with lots of photographs so we can watch allotments Denmark style  :D

Mogman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 11:53 »
Mogman

We need you to start a diary with lots of photographs so we can watch allotments Denmark style  :D

I'd be happy to do that...I'll see if I can't suss it out myself and if not...I'll get back to you.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 12:52 »
I'd be happy to do that...I'll see if I can't suss it out myself and if not...I'll get back to you.

At the risk of spoiling your investigations :)

Create a Thread about your plot in this forum with a title like "Mogman's Allotment":
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=37.0
(only you can/should post to that thread)

and create a second thread in this forum with a title like "Comments on Mogman's Allotment":
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0
which is where people will be able to post comments.  Maybe add a link to that comment-thread at the top of your Diary-thread :)

Further details in this post:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=56310.0

Mogman

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 23:19 »
Thanks for that Kristen...I've tried to set up the diary...seemed to be okay, but only response will confirm that. Looking forward to getting started. Already feel this is a good place to be.

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 00:26 »
Info on different options for uploading photos is here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0

:)

cadalot

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 07:28 »
Well your diary works, you need to make a comments thread as described  above and place the link in your diary and perhaps a link to both in your profile so you get something like below this post

xx
Greenhouse glazing: "W" clips, silicone, or both?

Started by JayG on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post March 11, 2011, 14:27
by JayG
xx
Free floorboards and 8"x3" joists up to 4m long

Started by beeman on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post December 02, 2007, 22:39
by daveinmanc
xx
"W" clips and my trip to a garden centre.

Started by JayG on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2011, 18:00
by mumofstig
xx
"Padding" concrete mix as base for IBC tank

Started by CDave on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post February 22, 2013, 06:26
by CDave

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 36 queries.