Wilkinson's wheelbarrows

• 8 Replies

Robert_S

• Experienced Member
Wilkinson's wheelbarrows
« on: May 19, 2011, 14:21 »
Afternoon  :D

I need a wheelbarrow fairly quick, and I also need to go to Wilkinsons tomorrow to pick up a new water butt. Are their wheelbarrows any good? Or should I go to Wickes instead? Or any other suggestions?

smud6ie

Re: Wilkinson's wheelbarrows
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 16:37 »
A Fort Rancher is a superb bit of kit,we have had one for around 15 years and would never use anything else as they are so light and easy to push.
One may think that £65 delivered is expensive but the advantages far outway the cost in my opinion.
BTW we have just ordered another as our grown up Kids keep borrowing ours and we always miss it when its not here.
smud6ie
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 16:38 by smud6ie »

Robert_S

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 16:40 »
thanks for that smud6ie...need it for tomorrow so narrows down the choice a bit.

Something else that narrows down the choice is my local Wilkies not having one anyway, as I just found out, so Wickes it is by the look of it.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 16:43 »
Shame you need it for tomorrow, as I bought ours a couple of months ago at Travis Perkins.  Okay, again it was a lot of money, £63, BUT its a PROPER wheelbarrow, not the toot that these other people sell for £30 odd quid and they only last you a year or 2

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 16:45 »
Wilko's online store shows some fairly bog standard looking painted wheelbarrows for about the going rate, around £30.00. Wickes will have much the same sort of thing for the same sort of price, unless you want to go galvanised and/or plastic and step up a few sizes - these are more applicable for muck though. Thacker Barrows manufacture and supply a lot of the wheelbarrows in this country anyway, so you're quite likely to go to two different outlets and see exactly the same product.

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Robert_S

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 22:30 »
Well I ended up getting one from Wickes, the silver one they do for about £48. I had to cart about a ton(ne) of gravel from the allotment entrance to my plot, some of it over bumpy ground, and it seemed to cope OK, so fingers crossed it won't fall apart too soon.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 22:34 »
Fingers and toes crossed Robert!   ;)

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46 »
Well I ended up getting one from Wickes, the silver one they do for about £48. ...... fingers crossed it won't fall apart too soon.

You can always keep the painted bits in good condition a bit longer with a bit of TLC and some Hammerite. Its what I do. :)

smud6ie

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:55 »
thanks for that smud6ie...need it for tomorrow so narrows down the choice a bit.

Something else that narrows down the choice is my local Wilkies not having one anyway, as I just found out, so Wickes it is by the look of it.

Well our Fort never arrived and a week had elapsed so we called the company who said they were out of stock >:(
This is a bit naughty especially as there was no mention of this when ordering nor they made no attempt to notify us to this effect.!
We then found another site where they were "in stock" so I rang to confirm and they were out.

When I asked why this fact was not visible online they said it was too much effort to change it
as the new barrows could be back in stock in a weekor two :mad: :mad:
smud6ie

xx
cheap wheelbarrows

Started by doubledug on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 19:45
by mumofstig
xx
Folding wheelbarrows and tools that do more than one job

Started by Teen76 on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post March 19, 2008, 23:53
by cooperman
xx
Wilkinson's cloches

Started by Robert_S on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 21:14
by Robert_S
xx
Wilkinson Sword Loppers

Started by PhilMoisey on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 16:24
by PhilMoisey

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 36 queries.