Folding wheelbarrows and tools that do more than one job

• 5 Replies

Teen76

• Experienced Member
    • Tina's Plot
Hi there

I wanted to mentioned that the worst tools I've ever bought were those folding wheelbarrows, the catch that is supposed to keep them open never works and so as you go to tip something out the whole thing folds up on you.  The wheel is also falling off.  Not my best buy.

The other thing I find not very good are those tools that are supposed to be several tools in one.  None of them are much good and I feel you are better off just buying each tool separately as they are designed specifically for that job.

Any form of pruning tool are probably my favourite tools because I love pruning.  I also like my little border fork.
Teen

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 15:42 »
With tools it's  a case of you get what you pay for I'd agree most of the multi-tools are poorly made compromises.. If you dont  want loads of full sized tools around buy a couple of handles the right size and then the individual heads fro Wolf. I've used these for years and find they are well made and last. Not quite the same as multitools but cheaper in the long run
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

van connick

• Experienced Member
  • Location: on a mountainside in south Wales. north of Pontypridd, west of Merthyr Tydfil.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:36 »
the woman who tacks her ponies in our field uses one of those folding wheelbarrows, and i am totally dumfounded when she uses it...as you say when she tips it up it collapses on her, the only advantage to it is it folds up small so it can be stored in a tiny space.....but that is it, total waste of money IMHO....give me a good old fashioned large wheelbarrow and get the job done in half the time.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:54 »
I'm a fan of thr wolf tools too CE  :D

Stripey_cat

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 19:45 »
We have a really rubbish wheelbarrow from homebase - it's supported by a bendy plastic brace, and you have to keep tightening the nuts (every few hundred yards) or the damn thing falls apart!

I prefer Gardena or however it's spelled for the interchangeable tools (I managed to break the mount on a Wolf bilhook once).

K.

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 23:53 »
yes the Wolf Garten tools are very good quality, a range of handles and diff heads of all sorts, I even inherited some from my dad and bought new ones as well - they come with a 10 year guarantee.  I note from their website that they are still made in Germany by the same family firm that goes back yonks, cant be bad!
Death OR Cake ???

xx
Wilkinson's wheelbarrows

Started by Robert_S on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 08:55
by smud6ie
xx
cheap wheelbarrows

Started by doubledug on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 19:45
by mumofstig
xx
Folding saw

Started by savbo on Equipment Shed

16 Replies
Last post November 22, 2012, 23:18
by shoozie
xx
Folding wheelbarrow...

Started by Growster... on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 00:01
by jezza

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 35 queries.