The Great British Breakfast!

• 27 Replies

AL Hathaway

• Experienced Member
  • I Love Chicken TV
    • Five Valleys Poultry
Re: The Great British Breakfast!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43 »
I have to say I am not use to the English way of Breafast but i'm getting use to it but i will add a Photo of mine Saddlebag Pancakes mmm mmm Good.
Saddle bag breakfast.jpg
“We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel_Kant

hillfooter

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 14:40 »
I have to say I am not use to the English way of Breafast but i'm getting use to it but i will add a Photo of mine Saddlebag Pancakes mmm mmm Good.

Well it looks good but you are going to have to explain the recipe ::)
If you aren't used to English breakfasts what are you used to then?

Actually the Great British Breakfast would I think be more like fried eggs and bacon, sausage, black pudding, potatoes scones (or fried bread), baked beens, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, toast and marmalade and of course a pipping hot cup of tea etc etc.  I was hoping someone would venture a photo or two since I've been told (by Mrs HF) I'm on a diet having indulged too much over Christmas and not lost it all yet.  (That is Christmas 2001) :D

HF
Truth through science.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 15:28 »
This is one of mine.  Our eggs and my sausages made with pork grown down the road and I think my tomatoes, but not my bacon!!   :D :D
Homemade pork sausages1.JPG

AL Hathaway

• Experienced Member
  • I Love Chicken TV
    • Five Valleys Poultry
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 15:40 »

Actually the Great British Breakfast would I think be more like fried eggs and bacon, sausage, black pudding, potatoes scones (or fried bread), baked beens, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, toast and marmalade and of course a pipping hot cup of tea etc etc.  I was hoping someone would venture a photo or two since I've been told (by Mrs HF) I'm on a diet having indulged too much over Christmas and not lost it all yet.  (That is Christmas 2001) :D

HF

American food good ole home cooking
I am use to home made buttermilk bisects eggs and grits and bacon and sausage with sausage gravy but my 2nd fav is  filled pancakes. pancakes filled with  Bacon one filled with Sausage or ham, topped with two eggs" with maple syrup on top of it all.

hillfooter

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 17:24 »

HF

American food good ole home cooking
I am use to home made buttermilk bisects eggs and grits and bacon and sausage with sausage gravy but my 2nd fav is  filled pancakes. pancakes filled with  Bacon one filled with Sausage or ham, topped with two eggs" with maple syrup on top of it all.

Well I've just put on 4Lbs just reading it.  Are you sure that's food and not just artery glue?
HF

AL Hathaway

• Experienced Member
  • I Love Chicken TV
    • Five Valleys Poultry
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 09:38 »
well if its artery glue it's the best tasting stuff ever  :D and if it's food i want more hehe   :tongue2:

sachkrimbo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 10:11 »
Gotta show the kids these photos when they get in from school.  Hoping they might encourage them to finally give up their swings and make way for some chickens.  Those breakfasts look so lush!

binghamd

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 18:17 »
HF. I hope the person who gave you the cosies does not read the Forum or you will be in the soup.

hillfooter

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 21:51 »
Gotta show the kids these photos when they get in from school.  Hoping they might encourage them to finally give up their swings and make way for some chickens.  Those breakfasts look so lush!

Not sure it's a really good idea to try to persuade the kids to give up what is at least healthy excersize in favour of multi thousand calorie breakfasts.  Definitely Jamie Oliver wouldn't be too impressed! ;)
HF

pigeonpie

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 21:57 »
Having read the request for photos of a full English breakfast I now feel obliged to cook one in the morning just so I can get a picture for you all!!!

hillfooter

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 22:00 »
Well at least you've got an excuse if the OH queries you!
My wife's on one of her frequent healthy eating campaigns currently so just cereal for me!  After tonights main course (half the usual quantity) she turned to me and in the usual loaded way said "and would you like a pudding?", to which I replied "Yes please", "So what is your body telling you you'd like?", she said in a highly significant way with a fierce glare.  I then got a hefty dig in the ribs as "tiramisu "wasn't the correct answer.  So I had to settle for an apple.
HF
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 23:14 by hillfooter »

AL Hathaway

• Experienced Member
  • I Love Chicken TV
    • Five Valleys Poultry
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 22:23 »
OMG  :D LOL ROTFLMAO  :tongue2: that is way too funny your wife needs to chat with my mom i think they would get on like a house on fire =) :wacko:

pigeonpie

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 22:30 »
Well at least you've got an excuse if the OH queries you!

He won't be querying, just grinning and possibly salivating (I'm starting to think he was a labrador in another life).

How can tiramisu not be the right answer?  I thought that it was always the right answer!

xx
Bird and Breakfast

Started by danfinn1 on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post September 24, 2015, 17:42
by danfinn1
xx
The great escape!

Started by Andrew4613 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post December 28, 2011, 11:49
by LittleRedHen
xx
The great escapee.

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2012, 17:15
by ANHBUC
xx
A great retirement..

Started by sneezer on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post April 08, 2012, 22:31
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 38 queries.