delicates

• 20 Replies

simonwatson

Re: delicates
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 08:55 »
I'll be sowing mine this weekend. I too planted too early last year and ended up sowing more at the beginning of June.

BabbyAnn

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 08:57 »
I sowed all my cucumber, courgettes, winter squashes and sweetcorn on Bank Holiday Monday and have them all in the greenhouses - since then we've had some sunny weather for a couple of days and that seems to have really warmed the greenhouses up nicely so I'm quitely confident they'll be fine  :D

compostqueen

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 08:59 »
The chap who runs Riverford advises planting out courgettes whilst they're still very small as he says they get away faster.   I can't really plant mine out though until the very last week in May or first week in June as we get frosts til then. It's a game innit  :D

Willow_Warren

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 09:06 »
Looks like I have started my cougettes too early!  And my runner beans too early!  And my tomatoes too early!!!  I've done a lot too early!  :lol:

Next year I WILL be more patient!

Hannah :)

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2012, 20:16 »
Butternuts & Hooligans are in the conservatory- and still hiding, planted last weekend.  They need to get going yet
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

love-my-plot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 21:02 »
All mine go out into a walk in pvc greenhouse during the day and back indoors at night.
I have left about 8 spare sweetcorn and 1 courgette out there the past few nights and they're fine ... but some really cold weather forecast still to come in the next
couple of weeks, so they'll
get whipped in at night with the rest if needs be.
44mph winds being forecast here over the next week or 2!!!! ... then again, thats according to metcheck  ::)

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 38 queries.