birds

• 5 Replies

chrissie B

birds
« on: May 13, 2011, 10:01 »
its like a scene from the film birds around here , there's sea gulls circling around , starlings spuggies , magpies , black birds every day great .
Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

lancashiregardeninggal

Re: birds
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 11:03 »
Its great isn't it - I mentioned in another thread about Collared Doves and their young feeding, also got Blackbirds as you say and many others bringing their young to feed in my garden - just charged up my camera and hoping to attempt some filming today!  Walking dog up the lane the other evening I saw Wood Pigeons and their young perched on the bridge - that was lovely :)
'Is All That We See Or Seem But A Dream Within A Dream'........Edgar Allan Poe

hillfooter

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 12:21 »
That's what they thought in the film (and book) "The Birds" to start with :ohmy:

HF
Truth through science.

Spana

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:55 »
We've more swallows here this year than I've ever seen before.  The air was thick with them last evening :happy: and the pair of canada geese that nest here every year  have hatched 7  goslings, its usually only 4.  Must be the dry weather, good for the birds, not so good for the garden. ::)

I love Collared Doves LGgal.  We have a few  but them seem to be a favourite food of the Sparrow Hawks and we often find their remains about. :(

lancashiregardeninggal

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 14:05 »
I've seen a Sparrowhawk kill one in my garden - bold as brass - it saw me watching it and didn't move - just kept on plucking and then ate the poor thing  :)

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 23:00 »
had one in the garden at tea time our dog went into stalk mode but shes put so much weight on she had no chance of even getting close but it was funny to watch , we also have a pair of partridges or they may have been grouse on our heap not up on birds but they looked like the one on the whiskey bottle .
chrissie b

xx
Urgent - Are birds classed as agriculture?

Started by gsc on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post June 28, 2010, 13:31
by gsc
xx
wild birds and chock feed

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 02, 2010, 09:23
by karlooben

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 38 queries.