TV gone seriously wrong now

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

TV gone seriously wrong now
« on: October 22, 2018, 22:54 »
When I put TV on Sunday evening, it said Weak Signal/Atennae, check your aerials into TV.  Did that, and thought problem with the Mast, it'll sort itself.
Today, still nothing except BBC1, 2 and 4.   ITV and freeview gone.   It seems general in the road,  so I did an automatic retune.  ITV came back on, but with a different number (103 instead of 3).  Nothing else.  My neighbour tried, on their's but it made no difference either.

Goodness, its always something, now I have emailed the computer tutor, who fortunately is a TV wizard as well - another £30.   I don't know what the neighbours will do.  But if I could pick my TV up, it would probably be down the garden  by now  >:( :mad: >:( :mad: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Fairy Plotmother

Re: TV gone seriously wrong now
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 07:31 »
If it’s a weak signal the problem is your aerial. It might have got blown about by the wind. Channel 101 is BBC 1HD and channel 1 is just BBC 1. These numbers have around a long time. I am presuming your tv is HD.

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 08:41 »
I get this with freeview on channel 87, research suggest if the signal is 100%it is too strong it should be 75% on checking this seemed to be correct. After spending 3 months retuning, help lines & a new bt youtube box it still happens.
My solution was to get a freesat box, seems freesat is more stable than freeview.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:59 »
Findon   Freeview: BBC Digital TV Reduced Quality from 06:23 today, HD Digital TV Reduced Quality from 04:40 today, HD Digital TV Reduced Quality from 18:41 on 20 Oct to 05:53 on 21 Oct, HD Digital TV Reduced Quality from 09:19 on 21 Oct to 16:26 on 21 Oct.

Source: https://ukfree.tv/extras/BBC_Engineeering

Possibly not your transmitter :unsure: but Findon transmitter certainly has been experiencing problems recently. Not likely to be either your TV or aerial if your neighbours have been having the same problems.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

8doubles

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:51 »
Yes Freeview were off air for a while and and wavelengths re-allocated so a retune needed .

Luckily Freesat which i am on was not affected.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 19:02 »
Tried another retune this pm, but now cannot even get into setting.  I am wondering if the tv is now on HD, so yes, I have to press 101 etc, but still no Freeview.   I am going for another look, and see if I can change back to last week when BBC 1 was 1, and ITV was 3, etc.    Oh I am missing The Chase, and Heartbeat, they are my recorded late night viewing  :lol:  The tv in the kitchen has only BBC 1 and 2, I suppose that will need doing as well.    That should be fun, its a completely different make.  :ohmy:.  Mrs Bouquet

oldgrunge

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 20:56 »
Got rid of our telly years ago! 😊
We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 22:11 »
Tonight, I don't blame you.   But it is a long and lonely evening when you are alone.

My Daughter and son-in-law went to our local tonight, and apparently it is the entire village. 

It makes me wonder do the authorities know, do they care, and how would you tell them anyway.  I would be even more upset if I had been paying to advertise  (haven't missed those  :lol:)  So thanks everybody for your interest.   regards,  Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 11:23 »
Findon (West Sussex, England) Freeview Light transmitter
Wednesday 24 October 2018 10:18AM
59 minutes ago

There has been engineering work being done at the transmitter over the last several days. DO NOT RETUNE else you will lose channels that are already correctly tuned.

(Several typos corrected!)

Source: https://ukfree.tv/extras/mypostings/230887711

You won't be the only person to have already tried retuning Mrs. B!
I'm sure your local grapevine will let you know when it's sorted, when retuning again should have you up and running.

Edit: you mentioned recording programmes - you may have to retune your YouView box (or whatever recorder you have) as well as your TV. Perhaps your daughter, son-in-law or a friendly neighbour could help you with that if necessary when the time comes.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 14:53 by JayG »

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 17:59 »
My neighbour is my daughter, and she doesn't know either, but she Has Sky, so she's OK.
My other neighbour was my Mum, and so the property stands empty  :)  My Computer Tutor rang and like you ,he said, leave it.  and So here I sit with BBC 1, 2 and 4.and no extras to record.   I will try to record a BBC programme to see what happens.  I think Freeview should come and fix it for old widowed ladies  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

xx
What else can go wrong ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post November 06, 2018, 22:20
by grinling
xx
I've done it wrong again !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 24, 2019, 08:18
by snow white
xx
What is WRONG with people?

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post October 09, 2018, 11:33
by Goosegirl
xx
Gaaaaah, somethings wrong!

Started by Plot 1 Problems on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post June 07, 2021, 14:55
by Growster...

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 40 queries.