Air guitar by Hoover...

• 13 Replies

Growster...

Air guitar by Hoover...
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:53 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hzU16L3Adw

Perfect start to the year!

While cleaning out a 'stick unplugged' Hoover in the shed, I popped on a cassette, (yes a cassette; another post pending) of a favourite track, and immediately, the Hoover became the best air guitar imaginable, when the various solos started up and got even better! This is one of the best versions, but I actually like any of them!

I then tried it out on a Ewbank hand-sweeper, (a standby machine, as it really does the trick where JRT's wiry fur is concerned - much better than a Hoover)! The general sound was similar, but didn't have the same quality or depth of attack!

I'm exhausted now, but would be interested in tracks from other air guitar experts...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 11:54 by Growster... »

mrs bouquet

Re: Air guitar by Hoover...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 15:28 »
Do a bit of it with the broom, when sweeping the floors.    But mainly I am the singer, the mike, can be whatever happens to be in my hand, or the first available thing to grab, it might be the pepper mill, a banana, hairbrushes are good, remote controls etc etc.  This is when I have got my cassettes on  :D sometimes it is just me  8) 8)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 18:35 »
"This is when I have got my cassettes on"

Hmmm; look outside Mrs B, and see if anyone is watching - it may well be me..;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 13:38 »
I'm not into doing air guitar stuff because it takes a lot of pluck, and even my newly-manicured nails could never possibly compete with Brian May when he was just a beginner! I would prefer to experiment with an Aeolian harp, Northumbrian smallpipes, empty bottles of wine sunk into the ground that can be filled with rainwater to achieve different levels of the tonic sol-fa (pardon the pun), so all I need is some wind.  :ohmy:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 14:20 »
what is an Aeolin Harp please.    Does that need the wind as well. Filling the bottles with sand or water is a good one, I like that.   Brian May !   he's my mate when I am doing my singing - I do love Queen.  I am not as good as Freddie, but Brian understands that.    :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Christine

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 17:29 »
Northumbrian smallpipes,
Bellows drive, pump with one arm and a darned sight harder than air guitar as if you get the pressure wrong they go out of tune. There are times when dead cat jokes are legion.  ;) Been there, done that.  :)

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 17:33 »
I'm not into doing air guitar stuff because it takes a lot of pluck, and even my newly-manicured nails could never possibly compete with Brian May when he was just a beginner! I would prefer to experiment with an Aeolian harp, Northumbrian smallpipes, empty bottles of wine sunk into the ground that can be filled with rainwater to achieve different levels of the tonic sol-fa (pardon the pun), so all I need is some wind.  :ohmy:

Like the idea of the wine bottles, Goosey.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 17:40 »
Northumbrian smallpipes,
Bellows drive, pump with one arm and a darned sight harder than air guitar as if you get the pressure wrong they go out of tune. There are times when dead cat jokes are legion.  ;) Been there, done that.  :)

What instrument is this from the start Christine/Goosey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uui-D35VEI

This definitely a top ten fave, the Hoover can do most of the notes, but lets me down on the lower register...

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 17:45 »
what is an Aeolin Harp please.    Does that need the wind as well. Filling the bottles with sand or water is a good one, I like that.   Brian May !   he's my mate when I am doing my singing - I do love Queen.  I am not as good as Freddie, but Brian understands that.    :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Can you do this one, Mrs B?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uui-D35VEI

Fantastic intro, and sounds great on the Ewbank, as the echo is better reproduced from the slenderness of the fretboard.

Christine

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 08:40 »
Them's Irish pipes on the link not our Northumbrian ones, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtcGpI9GDk

DanielCoffey

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 10:24 »
Remember that game of rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time (or whichever way round it was supposed to be)? Apparently if you are good at that game, you can stand a chance of being a good Hurdy Gurdy player.

I agree with MrsB - hairbrushes make the best mics.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 10:45 »
Them's Irish pipes on the link not our Northumbrian ones,
I wonder if he gets golfers elbow   :lol:  Mrs B

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 10:52 »
Had a look through my cassettes, and I haven't got any strange pipe music, so I shall have to stick with the hairbrush.     :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 12:13 »
This is the link to the Northumbrian pipes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumbrian_smallpipes, plus the link to the theme music of "Braveheart":https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart_(soundtrack) because I love that film and am sure they were used in it. The sound they make is beautiful but heart-rending, and the  Aolean harp is a wind-driven instrument, see this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolian_harp. There's also the pan pipes: ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_flute.

I will attempt to make some air-driven musical instruments that I can place in strategic positions in my garden just as a bit of fun for any passers-by!

xx
Best three guitar solos/riffs...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post September 29, 2017, 12:29
by Longshanks
xx
Escapee hoover

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 30, 2022, 20:07
by DanielCoffey

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 53 queries.