s*ds law

• 11 Replies

themagicaltoad1

s*ds law
« on: August 31, 2010, 19:12 »
I have been patiently waiting for my girls that hatched in April to start laying as I was assured they would lay blue eggs. Went on holiday for a week and left them in the care of my neighbour. She proudly presented me with a box of little blue eggs on my return! One of the bu**ers must have started the day after I left. They're sooo tiny though. not much bigger than a robin's egg. The girls are silkie x cream legbar bantams, (or so I was told when I bought the fertile eggs).

evie2

Re: s*ds law
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 20:43 »
typical :nowink:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 20:52 »
At least they're blue!  :D
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:37 »
Now this is interesting!! i didn't think you could get bantam cream legbars? i wanted blue eggs and managed to hatch one auracana out of 6 eggs. i only want to keep banams you see, so if you crossed a cream legbar cockrel with a silky??? would you get luverly blue eggs??? anyone know?

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35 »
I bought the eggs off flea bay, they were listed as silkie x cream legbar bantams. The chicks were very dark and one totally grey, (he turned out to be a cockerel). Now fully grown they look nothing like cream legbars or silkies. They are a beautiful black with shades of peacock blue in the feathers if you catch them in the right light, and they have a small tuft of silly hair a bit like a silkie. They are definately bantams though.
blue eggs aug 2010.JPG
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 10:49 by themagicaltoad1 »

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:55 »
And a picture of the new run I built them, complete with a little greenhouse area for when it's chilly, they seem to like this bit and stand under it to warm up first thing in the morning.
new run 2.JPG

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 14:37 »
with crosses there usually isn't a guarantee of egg colour, to be sure why not go for bantam araucanas?
Staffies are softer than you think.

evie2

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 21:51 »
And a picture of the new run I built them, complete with a little greenhouse area for when it's chilly, they seem to like this bit and stand under it to warm up first thing in the morning.

That's a good idea :D

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 22:19 »
I have one bantam auracana, only one to hatch from six, 17 wks now, no crow...no eggs, i  think she's a girlie but time will tell. sweet little thing to.

joyfull

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 08:09 »
photo of her bantymad - what colour is she? I have black, black/red, white, lavs and a cuckoo araus.

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 22:15 »
Have photo's on my phone but can't find the leads to connect to laptop. Do all the different colours lay blue eggs joy? My little one is very skittish bless her.

joyfull

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 22:38 »
yes all blue egg layers (well they will be when they are old enough - some are quite young)  :D

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 40 queries.