Spotty rocket

• 5 Replies

Florablunder

Spotty rocket
« on: May 23, 2020, 18:36 »
I don't seem to be able to grow rocket at the allotment any more - I'm trying two different types at the moment and there are also some self-sown ones that have popped up - and all of the leaves are completely covered with little holes and really don't look like you'd want to eat them. Same thing happened last year. Is there anything I can do about this, or do I have to just give up on growing rocket??

pootler

Re: Spotty rocket
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 20:34 »
sounds like flea-beetle. The only solution I have is to grow when they are dormant - autumn, winter, and early spring. I don't think they are an ideal summer crop

AnneB

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 22:39 »
sounds like flea-beetle. The only solution I have is to grow when they are dormant - autumn, winter, and early spring. I don't think they are an ideal summer crop
Or grow under netting to keep the flea beetle out.

Florablunder

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 09:30 »
Thanks both - I'll try again in the autumn and get some netting for use next summer.  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 10:55 »
I don’t want to rain on your parade Flora, but I have tried fine white insect netting on the plot and the flea beetle still gets in somehow.

I can grow rocket at home in a pot, but have given up at the plot. Too many other crops about and a constant supply of flea beetles there it would seem  :(

AnneB

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 23:33 »
I don’t want to rain on your parade Flora, but I have tried fine white insect netting on the plot and the flea beetle still gets in somehow.

I can grow rocket at home in a pot, but have given up at the plot. Too many other crops about and a constant supply of flea beetles there it would seem  :(
That's a shame New Shoot.  I find that enviromesh keeps out flea beetle on our site whereas the wider mesh does not.

xx
Spotty tomatoes

Started by Daamoot on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 24, 2012, 10:47
by mumofstig
xx
Spotty peppers

Started by Totty on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 22:09
by Totty
thumbdown
Spotty potatoes

Started by Coldfeet on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 08:32
by Daamoot
xx
spotty courgette leaves

Started by rookie1 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 22:11
by rookie1

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 46 queries.