PALLETTS

• 14 Replies

samz

PALLETTS
« on: November 10, 2008, 20:48 »
My uncle made me a lovely Garden Bench from old palletts, and I cannot believe how sturdy it is :shock:  I thought it was a great idea, and didnt cost much, only the price of the stain etc  :lol:  :lol:

Beetroot queen

PALLETTS
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 20:50 »
of course a pic would be nice if you have one, I would love to get hold of some pallets but hubby said we dont need them  :roll:

AndyRVTR

PALLETTS
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 20:55 »
Quote from: "Beetroot queen"
of course a pic would be nice if you have one, I would love to get hold of some pallets but hubby said we dont need them  :roll:

You dont need them!!.... there's alway room for more pallets  :lol:

Beetroot queen

PALLETTS
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 20:58 »
Quote from: "AndyRVTR"

You dont need them!!.... there's alway room for more pallets  :lol:

Try telling him that, he is currently auditioning for a role as one of snow whites seven can you guess which one  :roll:  :x

samz

PALLETTS
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 21:05 »
LOL I will put one on, but havent had time to figure out how to get photos on this forum yet!! i am on another forum and you can upload them just underneath this box??? :?  I am not the best at computers, so will probably get them on here in about 6 months :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
My mother In law loves it and has asked him to make her one too, she says it looks very rustic :lol:  :lol:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
PALLETTS
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 21:19 »

Can I have them then, we burn no end over the winter.  :lol:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

SalJ1980

PALLETTS
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 21:50 »
I got given 2 pallets today with the promise of 3 or 4 more on Weds!  :D  I like your idea of turning them into a bench Samz, so definitely post some pics please. THIS THREAD should help you!  :lol:
Sal

Organic...so far!

saggy

PALLETTS
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 22:17 »
lol i got a small stack of palletts round the side of the house a couple of full size ones and some cool ones that are about a 1/3rd of the width but full lenth. as you can imagine the wife is not that pleased  :)

Martin

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
PALLETTS
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 13:22 »
not made from a pallet but hubby brought this plank of wood home from work (he works in a car parts warehouse so not sure why it was there). i decided i would buy some breeze blocks to use it as a bench but my brother in law is a welder and said he would make some legs for it.

i think it's pretty cool, and didn't cost a penny!

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
PALLETTS
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 13:41 »
It's impossible to live without pallets I need some more for  another pair of NZ bins then some for a shed  Oh well skip diving at the weekend if it's dry

Great fun
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

tinlizzy

PALLETTS
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 22:47 »
I saw something at the weekend that would make you weep.   I watched a huge bonfire, and I do mean huge, being make from pallets for a fireworks display.  I was staying with friends whose house overlooked the field.    There was a big lorry load of them, all I could think off was what I could do with them.   I had visions of a whole row of composts bins, a nice fence and gate.   And then I had to watch it all go up in smoke, all that wood could have heated a house for the whole winter!!   It was still burning at 1.30 the next morning despite the rain.   Still I suppose the kids enjoyed it.

samz

PALLETTS
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 14:11 »
OK I will do my best to get a photo up A.S.A.P.

We are replacing our kitchen soon and my husband is going to build the kitchen out of brick, and my cupboard doors are going to be made out of palletts! I thought it was a really good idea, and will be homemade and cheap too, and recycling included also!! :lol:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
PALLETTS
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 14:47 »
Quote from: "samz"

We are replacing our kitchen soon and my husband is going to build the kitchen out of brick, and my cupboard doors are going to be made out of palletts! I thought it was a really good idea, and will be homemade and cheap too, and recycling included also!! :lol:

Thats so  8)  Samz lucky you, I'd really like to see some pics when it's finished please, better not let my OH see them tho' she's been talking about doing ours like that for years  :roll:

agapanthus

PALLETTS
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 19:34 »

Crezz

PALLETTS
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 23:13 »
Quote from: "tinlizzy"
I saw something at the weekend that would make you weep.   I watched a huge bonfire, and I do mean huge, being make from pallets for a fireworks display.  I was staying with friends whose house overlooked the field.    There was a big lorry load of them, all I could think off was what I could do with them.   I had visions of a whole row of composts bins, a nice fence and gate.   And then I had to watch it all go up in smoke, all that wood could have heated a house for the whole winter!!   It was still burning at 1.30 the next morning despite the rain.   Still I suppose the kids enjoyed it.

That's funny, because only today, I made a compost bin from the last three pallets I had from finishing off the fence  :lol:  :lol:

When we first took over our allotment we burned loads of wood and pallets,  :shock:  thinking they were no use  :o  and now all we do, is go round scouring for pallets  :D
Adrian

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 40 queries.