Know your rights . allotment act 1950 keeping chickens

• 45 Replies

Jason1971

Re: Know your rights . allotment act 1950 keeping chickens
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2015, 21:33 »
i had a cockerel on my council run allotment plot ,incidentally from fertile eggs which i bought when one of the hens went broody last summer

Anyway , all was good up till the lat few weeks of march when the council started having phonecalls about the noise it was making early in the morning.there was also another cockerel in the very near vicinity

i did inform the council that i would get rid of it but wanted to try and rehome him first to no avail even after 3 weeks ,and in the end i had to dispatch him on the plot

But i was told by the council that i had to take immediate action and they even suggested that i take him home to my own back garden till i could rehome him ,even though they had forced the one near my plot to be moved or dispatched too

when i informed the council that i had to kill the cockerel i was quite surprised by her `awww` so i told her that all was fine and that i had it on the plate the next day (honestly i coudnt)

but in all honesty if you are to raise them from fertile eggs ,thats the risk you take on getting cockerels and the next time i get some iwill be dispatching at an earlier date from now on

xx
Problems with keeping Chickens on an allotment (law)

Started by val3147 on The Hen House

30 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 16:48
by Aunt Sally
xx
keeping chickens

Started by tomtomgo44 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post October 20, 2008, 10:10
by poultrygeist
xx
Keeping chickens

Started by apples6903 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 05, 2011, 17:39
by ManicMum
xx
new to keeping chickens

Started by Sue33 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 16, 2009, 11:26
by matilda duck

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 38 queries.