very disappointed and downhearted!!!!

• 19 Replies

RichardA

Re: very disappointed and downhearted!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 22:51 »
Now you must learn the End of a Good Day gardener's exercise. --- Extend right arm in front of yourself, bend at elbow and reach over left shoulder as far as you can without displacing anything. And now -- wait for it -- now pat yourself on the back firmly.
Gardening has good days and fond memories and feeling proud moments - they come to outweigh the darker days in time -- it is all part of the roller coaster - bit like life really.
I am glad if we helped a little - our respect to you -- you did it all.
R

harry

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 12:08 »
Now you must learn the End of a Good Day gardener's exercise. --- Extend right arm in front of yourself, bend at elbow and reach over left shoulder as far as you can without displacing anything. And now -- wait for it -- now pat yourself on the back firmly.
Gardening has good days and fond memories and feeling proud moments - they come to outweigh the darker days in time -- it is all part of the roller coaster - bit like life really.
I am glad if we helped a little - our respect to you -- you did it all.
R

My gardeners exercise Extend left arm forward grasp glass and bend at elbow drink a nice glass of wine or beer as reward for a hard day.
I'm glad everything is looking better now. ::) ;)

Hurray finally retired
two plots now 31A and 35A

Coop-a-Cabana

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 21:49 »
Thanks guys they sound like my type of exercises :D

Not even all the bites i woke up with this morning could dampen my spirits when i went to open the tunnel doors in glorious sunshine and everything was clean and tidy and looking healthy and happy :)

Although the mood changed slightly when we scared a heron out of the garden but not before it had eaten three of our fish out of the pond :ohmy: never even seen a heron round these parts before and we've had our pond for about 3 years with no problems!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 22:40 »
Thanks guys they sound like my type of exercises :D

Not even all the bites i woke up with this morning could dampen my spirits when i went to open the tunnel doors in glorious sunshine and everything was clean and tidy and looking healthy and happy :)

Although the mood changed slightly when we scared a heron out of the garden but not before it had eaten three of our fish out of the pond :ohmy: never even seen a heron round these parts before and we've had our pond for about 3 years with no problems!

Not the right part of the forum to be posting this and as a Mod I should know better, but noticing that you are from South Yorkshire if you would like up to half a dozen well-grown but quite young goldfish (about 8-9") to replace your losses let me know (by PM).

They won't be available until Autumn as I can barely see them for water lilies at the moment never mind catch them, and I would like to think their new home had some sort of protection!  ;)

Free to good home though!
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Coop-a-Cabana

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 23:06 »
Hi JayG thanks for the offer we are putting restocking of the pond on hold for the moment  as we have three very large chagoi koi carp in there that we need to sell as they are getting too big for the size of the pond although as of this morning they have a bit more room ???

Up until this year we have had the pond covered with special pond netting as we have two children but because they are older this year we decided to take it off so we could enjoy the pond better the lillies kept getting caught in the netting never thought there would be herons around as we have never seen one so the pond is now covered over with chicken wire until we can decided what to do.  The kids have suggested a very large sand pit :wacko:

xx
a little disappointed

Started by chrissie B on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 08:08
by chrissie B
xx
Disappointed Nay B'angry

Started by PAH48 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 20:57
by Salmo
xx
Bit disappointed with first spuds

Started by JohnB47 on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 18:09
by cornykev
xx
Disappointed with peppers....

Started by Sally A on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 24, 2007, 13:33
by muntjac

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 35 queries.