Buddliea

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Buddliea
« on: August 29, 2021, 14:07 »
I have cut one of them down to the trunk, which is about 3 ft high.   This was a seedling which I left in place, but grew it into a tree.   Each year, it flowers wonderfully, but this year all of the flowers just finished at the same time!!  but as last year, when the flowers were normal, the leaves drop off and look very diseased, with ants running up and down the trunk and into the tree..   I have left about 12 inches on top of the trunk.  But I think I will try to remove it completely.  It has shallow roots I hope.   If I cannot completely dig it out, I shall dig and saw out what I can.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Buddliea
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 14:42 »
The ants are up and down because of greenfly on the leaves. It was really bad this year on my apple tree  :(

Grubbypaws

Re: Buddliea
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 13:39 »
The ants are up and down because of greenfly on the leaves. It was really bad this year on my apple tree  :(
Same here. When I realised how bad the situation was I put grease around the trunk so they couldnt get up and it worked a treat. Without the ants protecting them the aphids that were already on the tree got eaten by ladybirds. I didnt use grease bands as I thought that the ants would probably find a way under.

xx
buddliea

Started by wengren on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post August 29, 2008, 08:57
by wengren
xx
buddliea in pots

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2013, 11:14
by spottymint

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 37 queries.