Dis-satisfied

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Dis-satisfied
« on: August 18, 2021, 12:24 »
Do you ever look at your garden and think I want changes !     Mine looks absolutely beautiful at present.
but,  I am always thinking of plans to change it.  Yesterday I got out 'photos of it all, and thought erm maybe I could do that again.  That looked nice, perhaps I should do that.    Then I remember that alot of it involves posts and trellis, then I have to pay somebody to do it now.   Also some of it was stuff that I couldn't manage now.  I am clearing one bed and digging out some of the plants that I just dont like.   but then I have to think what to replace with.    I can walk round anybody's garden and say I suggest you do this and this.  I am blind to my own though.
Can you organise a coach and all visit me with your plans please.     :D  Mrs Bouquet
I forgot to say, I am cutting down half of this huge grapevine, when I have done that, I shall have to pay somebody to net it to stop the blasted wood pigeons sitting on the pergola that supports the vine.  meanwhile I am enjoying watching a blackbird eating some of the thousands of grapes.   :)   Mrs B
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 12:28 by mrs bouquet »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

Re: Dis-satisfied
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 13:38 »
Funny you should say that Mrs B, I was looking at some pictures from 2007 yesterday and thought to myself "I've made a complete mess of that garden  :ohmy: I should put it back to the way it was ! " If it wasn't for some of the more obscure apple tree's I've collected and grafted I think I'd "blank slate" the lot too; other people's gardens are always easier than your own and you don't have to live with it after either.  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 13:23 »
Yesterday I got the fork and spade, and cleared out a huge Salvia that I didn't like anyway.  The roots on it went down forever.   Behind that was a Canterbury Bell which was even bigger still and pushing against the fence.   Easier to get out, but hundreds of little roots to remove..  Lots of forget-me-not seedling removed nd so a good space now.   Problem - what shall I replant in there as it is in the shade all summer !!!!.  I do feel better though for making a start.  Mrs B

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 16:58 »
Have almost cleared it all now.    -    What was wrong with it like it was   -    nothing.   I shall tree bark some of it tomorrow, and have stood a couple of nice empty containers around.  I don't think I'll plant anything for now, just enjoy looking at my labours.    :)  Mrs B

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 20:30 »
For me, that's one of the advantages of annuals, you get a blank slate every year! Other than a yearly clean-out, no need to dig out the old to make room for the new.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 44 queries.