to tea or not to tea.

• 4 Replies

chrissie B

to tea or not to tea.
« on: August 26, 2007, 10:51 »
dose any one have some nice fruity or herby good for you type of teas mainly for lack of energy and general well being
got a good sage one .
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

mushroom

Re: to tea or not to tea.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:16 »
Quote from: "chrissie B"
dose any one have some nice fruity or herby good for you type of teas mainly for lack of energy and general well being
got a good sage one .

regular tea works for me, must be the caffeine  :wink:

chrissie B

to tea or not to tea.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 16:56 »
:D yes it dose for me but when the weather is so hot and you get sick of drinking pop and water a nice fruity infusion dose the trick , and making your own means you know whats in it.drinking ordinary tea makes you pee more .
chrissie b

Ice

• muck spreader
to tea or not to tea.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 21:36 »
I was watching a cookery programme earlier on Moroccan food.  They made a tea from an infusion of gunpowder tea leaves, or any smoky tea and lots of fresh mint and sugar.  Given Morocco is a very hot country it sound really refreshing.  You could use just a little of the dried tea but I think it sounds essential to round off the finished taste.

They poured boiling water over the gunpowder and poured off the first cup and discarded as it is bitter.  Then they added loads of fresh mint and sugar to the pot and topped up with water.  The secret is not to stir the pot.  Don't know if pouring from a great height is essential but it is part of the ritual.
Cheese makes everything better.

jennyb

• Hiding in the Greenhouse
    • My Blog
to tea or not to tea.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 21:39 »
have a look for this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carb-Superdrinks-Mitchell-Beazley-Food/dp/1845330765/ref=sr_1_10/203-3146811-9853516?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188160734&sr=1-10

i got it out of the library the other day,  it has quite a few drinks like the home made teas etc

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 36 queries.