Howard Yeoman

• 8 Replies

smud6ie

Howard Yeoman
« on: August 07, 2009, 17:57 »
Hi folks what a great forum,I have just rescued an old rotavator which I have found out is a Howard Yeoman.I have cleaned the carb,freed off the exhaust valve and that old Villiers Mk40 engine runs like a dream :)..thats the good bit,I am not too sure about one of the four gear levers which are:
1st from left= rotors in and out of gear
3rd from left =high,nuetral low and reverse
4th from left =high and low range
2nd from left is what I am not sure about but looks to have one of the 3 positions as a diff lock, mid position  drives only one wheel and position 3 is neutral

So my question is: does any one know if the position that drives just the one wheel is correct or should the 2 wheels drive though a differential and I have a fault there?inwhich case can some kind soul point me in in the direction of a manual to strip the gear box.
BTW, when the diff lock is engaged the both wheels do turn together as expected!

thanks
smud6ie

Bigbadfrankie

Re: Howard Yeoman
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 18:45 »
I thought one of our other learned comrades would have all the answers to this.

I have no idea. :( ???
always have a target
and an objective.

smud6ie

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:06 »
I thought one of our other learned comrades would have all the answers to this.

Me Too :( There seems quite a bit of info on 350's,Gems etc if one trawls the Net but nothing on the Yeoman.
The machine itself is a real animal and tans the hide off my Camon C8 in terms of raw digging performance, it just annoys the hell out of me if I have a niggle about some thing not being right,I guess its a "Virgo" thing  :)

smud6ie

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 15:28 »
email me I have loads of manuals and it may be that the Gem is similar and just called something different

smud6ie

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 13:59 »
email me I have loads of manuals and it may be that the Gem is similar and just called something different

Thanks ,I have now obtained the info I  required and my Yeoman is working as per the manual :happy:
smud6ie

V8ACCobra

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 11:59 »
Hi Smud6ie, I am having same problems with the gears on my Yeoman and don't know if it's me or something needs adjusting any chance you can tell me how you managed to sort yours as I don't want to start adjusting things and making it worse. Hope you can help me as I really want to use my machine soon. Cheers Malcolm

smud6ie

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 21:43 »
Hi Smud6ie, I am having same problems with the gears on my Yeoman and don't know if it's me or something needs adjusting any chance you can tell me how you managed to sort yours as I don't want to start adjusting things and making it worse. Hope you can help me as I really want to use my machine soon. Cheers Malcolm

I tried posting some files but they were too large,if you pm your email i will send them
smud6ie

Paul T

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 20:11 »
Can you please help me out with any information/manuals for a Howard Yeoman with a Villiers Mk40 engine.  Our allotment society has recently acquired one - in a rather poor state.

TIA

Paul T

aokstech

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 22:21 »
Hi there,

I just acquired a Howard Yeoman with BSA engine, having trouble getting it into forward gear. Appreciate if you could email me any info.

thank you
Isaac

xx
Howard Yeoman Rotavator

Started by VWT21968 on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 08:28
by Dididothat
xx
New engine for Howard Yeoman rotavator

Started by MacFistycuffs on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 31, 2011, 18:29
by smud6ie
xx
Howard Yeoman Operators Manual etc

Started by charlie farlie on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 08, 2011, 22:09
by aokstech
xx
howard yeoman repair manual and how to remove clutch

Started by robind7 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 29, 2013, 01:14
by robind7

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 36 queries.