hay/straw in and around leicester?

• 1 Replies

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
hay/straw in and around leicester?
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:26 »
wasn't sure where to post this but as its for my rabbit  - pets without feathers ;) thought i'd put it here.

we used to buy hay from chichley on the way to bedford for £4 a bale and it barely fit in the fushion's boot. the chap is now charging £6 a bale, which is still fair but since having mahi, i can't fit dogs and hay in car so makes trip down just for hay uneconomical.

does anyone know of anywhere near leicester we can get hay/straw direct from farmer at a similar price? don't mid if its a little more costly as will be saving on petrol anyway.

thought it was worth an ask.

so much to do before the 2nd....think i might need another holiday in preperation for the original one!  :tongue2:
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

splash101

Re: hay/straw in and around leicester?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 10:21 »
Hawgrips nurseries at enderby do straw for for just over £3.00, they also do hay but not sure of the price as i dont use it. they also have sacks of pet foods / chicken foods / supplies etc. (and lots of plants lol)

their number 0116 284 8227. probably best to ring them 1st to save a wasted journey

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 35 queries.