Does your dog watch television?

• 13 Replies

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Does your dog watch television?
« on: July 12, 2013, 13:53 »
Interesting this, it appears dogs can see with more definition than you might have imagined:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-23280213

Mine seems to react most to close-up shots of people such as those being interviewed in a news studio... apart from real barking dogs or occasional strange noises.

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Does your dog watch television?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 14:08 »
My dog years ago used the sit next to my son and watch F1, moving his head from side to side as they whizzed across the screen. It was soooooo funny to watch  ;)

cadalot

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 17:43 »
Not only does he watch, but he knows the adverts that have animals in before they appear and he is already standing on his back legs in front of the TV ready to have a go at them before they arrive on the screen

We don't watch programs like animals do the funniest things for obvious reasons  ::)

yaxley

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 21:02 »
No ...We have 2  collie crosses and they have  got more sense than to watch the idiots lantern ..
Grow organic as nature intended

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 16:13 »
She is absolutely glued to it! So much so we watch her rather than the tv these days! She particularly likes Countryfile and goes right up to the screen to sniff the sheep!  :nowink:

(she also got taken in by a toy full size black Labrador demonstrating a harness at pet stall at the country show last weekend - spent ages sniffing muzzles and making friends with it  :D so I think she is still working out what is real and what isn't - although not completely successfully so far... Well she is still a puppy!)

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 13:29 »
Kira does  :D she loves the dog training programmes I watch - shame she doesn't take note!  ::)
2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

Oliveview

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 17:41 »
A friends Westie used to watch television, if an animal, people fighting or cartoons  came on the dog would go crazy and attack the tv, he was a danger to the tv.  If they could they used to cever his eyes fast.

Pamela

PS  Jumbo sometimes sits and watches tv, but does not really take any notice of what is happening

grendel

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 19:30 »
no, but we dont have a dog, the cats do though, especially nature programs (birdies), I think it may be they see the modern flat screens better than the old tube ones.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 21:17 »
My dog years ago used the sit next to my son and watch F1, moving his head from side to side as they whizzed across the screen. It was soooooo funny to watch  ;)

Aha so it is that Stig you are Mum too & not Stig of the dump :lol: :lol: Often wondered & meant to ask.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 21:22 »
no, but we dont have a dog, the cats do though, especially nature programs (birdies), I think it may be they see the modern flat screens better than the old tube ones.
Grendel

Certainly true for our girl -- she took no notice at all of the old set, but since we got the new one she enjoys any nature programme -- Springwatch was the one she liked the best so far  :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 22:17 »
[Aha so it is that Stig you are Mum too & not Stig of the dump :lol: :lol: Often wondered & meant to ask.

:lol: My son's nickname was Stig of the dump  :nowink:

shoozie

• Winner - Best Sunflower photo, 2014
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 22:47 »
My old two never watched the telly, but i could always tell if sound effects were real as they'd always sit up and take notice.  Pup obviously is still too busy or asleep to be watching telly ..... and certainly not after the watershed   :D. Though, as it was the weekend she was wide awake during casualty last night and definitely lifted an ear to the barking dogs - so I guess that was real barking.

Elvira

• Experienced Member
  • Doodles just doing what they do best...
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2013, 14:05 »
Oh dear - she was glued to the Hebrides programme last night! So much so she was trying to get into the nest with the eagle chicks to make friends   :blink: :D

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 15:10 »
My kittens chase the formula one cars and the motoGP bikes as they leave the screen - more fun watching them!!

Also discovered a taste for beer foam which just increases the fun! :lol:

xx
Snow dog and cat watch

Started by Rubellite on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post January 18, 2010, 13:28
by arugula

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 29 queries.