Raven the rottweiler has been put to sleep. :(

• 12 Replies

Raven81

Raven the rottweiler has been put to sleep. :(
« on: November 08, 2012, 17:22 »
After everything poor Raven the rottweiler has been through in the past year, unfortunately I got a phone call on Tuesday evening from ex-Mr-Raven saying he had become unable to walk in the past few days.

We thought we were going to lose him when he had a stroke almost a year ago, but amazingly he started to walk again and lead an almost normal lifestyle.

As Raven the Rottweiler was almost eleven and in pain we decided it would be best to make the final decision.  We know it was the right thing to do, and ex-Mr-Raven has had him cremated and is keeping the ashes.

The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Raven the rottweiler has been put to sleep. :(
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 17:33 »
so sorry and I know just how you feel but you know you have taken the best course for Raven.
You have 11 years of memories to look back on so whilst Raven isn't here in body he will be in your head.
We lost our Deefordog about 5 years ago but she is still here in our living room in her casket on the shelf and I must say this was the first time we have done this but will do so again with the 3 dogs we have  at the moment.
Staffies are softer than you think.

allotmentann

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 17:38 »
So sorry. Losing a pet is always hard, even when you know it is for the best. My thoughts are with you.

Auntiemogs

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 18:11 »
I'm so sorry Raven.   :( 
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 19:02 »
You can only ever do what is kindest for them - even when it's painful for ourselves.

I know just how you are feeling.........................

Spana

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 20:23 »
So sorry. Its incredibly hard when you have to say goodbye to a loved pet, but i'm sure you made the right decision.

Trillium

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 20:26 »
Heartfelt sympathies to you, Raven.  :( It's a very tough time and decision, but sounds like it was for the  best. Your good friend will always be with you in your heart.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 22:46 »
Awww sorry to hear this Raven, 11 is quite a good age for a rotty isn't it?  11 lovely years of memories you have.

Brian's son has had 2 rotty's, both had problems and one died at 8 the other just over 3 I think. 

But you had 11!   RIP Raven the Rottweiler xx

sarajane

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 08:58 »
Aaaw, so sorry Raven for your loss.  Fond memories will keep you going,

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 19:41 »
my sympathy, losing a friend is hard.  take care of yourself and remember the good times as sarajane says.  Its taken nearly 6 months but my loss of Ollie is getting easier and the memories are not only less painful to remember but more joyous. 
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 21:38 »
So sorry Raven81, you have had such a horrid year and did not need any more bad news.

I hope that things start to improve for you soon.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Raven81

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 22:19 »
Thank you everyone.  I know it was the right decision and just have to remind myself he's not in pain now and remember the daft doggy things he did when he was here.

Oliveview

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 08:18 »
The kindest gift you can give to your pet is the time when you know you have to say goodbye.  I was with our cats and dogs at the time they had to be put to sleep, it was terribly sad, but at the same time so peaceful and ´nice´ if you know what I mean. 
There is a Rottie not far from us, it is supposed to be a ´guard dog´ but she comes up to the fence, I scratch her ears and she groans with pleasure.  Rottie´s are such lovely dogs.

You have all my sympathy

Pamela

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.