Feeling a bit proud....

• 3 Replies

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
Feeling a bit proud....
« on: March 06, 2011, 13:24 »
As some of you may remember, I had a fox attack two weeks ago last night  :tongue2:  I lost 3 birds and had what appeared to be a traumatised hen and a guinea fowl with a bite on her back.  We brought both of them indoors.  The hen, Josephine, couldn't stand but she was eating and drinking.  She was examined all over and there were no visible signs of injury.  She was poo-ing and even laid an egg the following morning, so all seemed well internally.   ::)

Anyway, we have kept Josephine and the guinea fowl together, in our bathroom for the last two weeks and I'm very pleased (and proud) to say that Josephine is not only standing now but walking as well.  The guinea fowl is also recovering very well.  We have today, put them both in the 'hospital' coop outside and hopefully it won't be too long before we put them back with the others.  ::)  :D

I feel really proud of Josephine and the guinea fowl for not giving up the fight  :tongue2: I'm also slightly proud of myself for not giving up as well  :nowink: My first trauma, hopefully the last but I doubt it, and we survived!   :D

2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

compostqueen

Re: Feeling a bit proud....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 13:30 »
That's wonderful news  :)  It's good to hear that you have had the patience to bring them on indoors and nurse them back to health.  It will be well worth the effort when you see them outside with the sun on their backs and they're laying normally again. Sigh  :D

PaulineM

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 14:16 »
Well done to all concerned  :D
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

hillfooter

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 15:12 »
You could start a new chicken keeping movement Bathroom Poultry ::)  Well done
HF
Truth through science.

xx
Proud mum!

Started by chuckmum on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post May 29, 2010, 16:26
by LittleRedHen
xx
Very very proud of my daughter :)

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 00:57
by min200
xx
Proud parents would like to announce.........

Started by elibump on Chicken Chat

22 Replies
Last post March 30, 2011, 13:06
by elibump
xx
I am blaming it all on daisy1990 !!! (now proud owner of 4 baby Itailian quail)

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 20:02
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.