ALko brushcutter

• 2 Replies

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
ALko brushcutter
« on: January 02, 2009, 16:56 »
Anybody know much about these ? MIne used to run fine but when I came to try it recently it would not start. Fuel fine and fresh. choke and cables OK. But the switch on the shaft seems loose as if the safety is not catching properly. How easy are these to replace and is it worth doing?
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

Gwiz

ALko brushcutter
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 19:40 »
Hi, Celtic. I don't know much about that particular model, but I've found that very often the cables can get damaged by being caught on "things" such as shrubs when you're using them, or when it's "in the shed" Most of the on/off switchs just run the coil to earth to turn the machine off. If your cable has become detatched in the handle, it might be shorting the wiring out. Try disconecting the wire where it goes to earth on the strimmer body, then remove the sparkplug and test for a spark by laying the plug on the metal top of the cylinder. If you get a spark, reconect the wire and test agian. No spark then would suggest you need to trace the wire back to where you have a shortout.
I wouldn't have thought it would be too difficult for an Alco, but then again I do them all the time on Stihl and Echo's, so I'm sorta used to it.
The only thing to be wary of, is that there are often a lot of small springs in the handle, make sure you take it apart very carefully and take photo's! :wink:

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
ALko brushcutter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:32 »
Ta Gwiz

I'll give that a try  and see where I get to.

Thanks for the info

xx
ALKO 350-4

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 06, 2011, 14:12
by Gwiz
xx
Alko MH5001R

Started by Alfie on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post February 25, 2009, 11:15
by Larkshall
xx
ALKO rotorvator

Started by MontyTom on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2007, 17:02
by MontyTom
xx
ALKO Cultivator MH350-4 Advice

Started by djr on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 17:04
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 38 queries.