the joys of skip diving

• 36 Replies

chrissie B

Re: the joys of skip diving
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07 »
no way sunshineband ive already picked out the seat pads , when i wented down with the dogs this morning there was tonnes of old rubbish on top of the chairs that were left . i will look into it btu when i put our old chairs and various bags of clothes out by the bin people just take them , there are no charity shops here so there is no where to send them any way the jurys no out till i get the whold facts .
chrissie b

p.s. may need to have  my name   changed lol
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:28 by chrissie B »
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Salmo

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 09:48 »
Is it also illegal to put things into other peoples skips? Old furniture and mattresses seem to appear from nowhere as soon as a skip is put in place.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 18:38 »
I think it probably would be categorised as fly tipping, as the only person entitled to fill the skip would be the hirer (or someone with their permission) - but I wouldn't swear to that being the case.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

chrissie B

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 20:04 »
these skips we have here are for public use and can be used by all , they are provided by the council.
still not found any info .
chrissie b

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 14:58 »
As yours are communal and used by all Chrissie, I can't see a problem, but we were just warning people that it is echnically illegal to just take from skips over here.

Don't want anyone contacting John and saying hey, someone on your website told me to take things out of skips and I got into trouble for it!

So you enjoy your chairs!  Just a shame you couldn't get the rest of them!!

chrissie B

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 17:42 »
not greedy grannie annie, just need the 2 and happy with that
chrissie b

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 19:53 »
After all this talk about them, I feel the chairs have such a starring role that they must be given their time in the limelight - piccies?  :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

chrissie B

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 10:35 »
and so they shall as soon as hubby comes back with the camera , and you will see how it would have been a sheme to see them on a land fill , i thought i was resycling , looks like i fell off my bike .
note to all please dont try this at home with  permision .
chrissie b

monarch

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 16:53 »
No don't take the chairs back if you get caught you will be prosecuted for fly tipping in another persons skip...????????????? LOL
If you can't catch it grow it!!

2peasinapod

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 19:36 »

If the skip is for rubbish from building works, you need permission from the building contractor, not the householder who has employed them, as everything they remove (+ their waste) is that contractor's property.

actually as some one who has lots of skips most state that once its in the skip, its the skip companys property.
dont permissum dandelions frendo vos down.

If it cant be pulled by hand,
1; its not ready
2; use a landrover...

chrissie B

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 20:38 »
well hubbys home now and loves his chair for the garden pics to follow when i get batteries , thanks for the input .
chrissie b

mrs moneyspinner

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 08:26 »
what a shame you didn't knock on the door and ask for the chairs - cos then they would probably have said help yourself and while you were there they might have got the other two out if they saw you struggling.  We go to our water authority, with permission and a member of staff comes to check what I am doing - and get blue pipe to make supports for my netting.  If I didn' ask, I would never get it, as I can't even reach inside the skip it's so big so somebody usually gets it out for me and is only too happy to give it a good home as the bits I take are too short to re-use for anything to do with water.

McClog

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 15:40 »
I got a near new ikea chest of drawers from the rubbish here in Amsterdam- getting it home was not easy by myself (at 1 am) but it was a a lot of money saved for me. I guess it had been tossed 'cos the drawers stuck- candle wax on the runners and it is as good as new- it came right at the right time too. javascript:replaceText('%20:D',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);
I have noticed that the pro tatters who collected any scrap metal in the rubbish are not working since the credit crunch (I guess they wont get bailed out like the bankers!) so there is more interesting stuff left around but I have no space to collect and store. I stand looking at what ever it is- think about a potential immediate use- work out if I have space- then shake my head and reluctantly leave it to the bin men.javascript:replaceText('%20:wacko:',%20document.forms.postmodify.message);

FERDY

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 21:46 »
;) But you have to be caught first LOL!!

Sorry Briony, you may find it funny but we can't condone illegal activity on this site

get a grip Yorkie
Life IS to short
Correctio, Accommodo, Maturus.

Foxy

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 22:51 »
I think that was rather inappropiate remark ferdy, it is obvious we cannot condone illegal activity on this forum, it would not  reflect well on the owner of this site, which I am sure you appreciate! ;)

xx
Skip Diving

Started by mumofstig on Frugal Living

8 Replies
Last post March 27, 2012, 21:53
by Yorkie
xx
skip diving!

Started by fish on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post April 03, 2008, 17:33
by Leaf
grin
Skip diving!

Started by Quants on Frugal Living

14 Replies
Last post April 12, 2016, 10:42
by Aled
xx
Advise on Skip Diving please.

Started by Riala on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post June 21, 2009, 07:10
by Rangerkris

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 31 queries.