ups and downs....

• 13 Replies

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
ups and downs....
« on: April 11, 2012, 22:11 »
most of you will know that we were downsizing on our chooks due to me expecting. sadly at my 20 week scan they found severe spina bifida and hydrocephalus and i had to have a medical termination. it was a little boy and he had my nose. needless to say, we were gutted.

then two weeks later my father in law suddenly died in india and we have been away to deal with the funeral and other arrangements for the last 3 weeks.

while we were away, the police found the chap who had stolen our chooks and we later found out he had killed them for the pot :( he has been dealt with and the case closed.`

on the up side, i came home to find two boxes with 'happy anniversary' written on them and one containing 4 white columbian brahma chicks whilst the other had 5 white jersey giant chicks.

hubby had got them at auction for me...

i will try to post a picture soon - in fact i think its about time i added pictures of the madhouse in the gallery section.
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

grinling

Re: ups and downs....
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 22:19 »
Sorry at the bad news, things can only get better is my motto at bad times. Good luck with the chicks, prob be all hens!!!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 22:24 »
So sorry to hear your sad news shetan, I know how happy you were.  So sorry for the loss of your father in law as well, you have really been through the mill this year.  I hope that things will finally start to improve for you and your family.

Sending you both big hugs. x
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 22:29 »
So sorry to hear your terrible news. It must be difficult for you & your husband. You so need something good to focus on & your new chicks will help. Look forward to seeing your chics. Take care.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

RigsVilleBird

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:12 »
sending huge hugs.xxxx

Spana

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:14 »
Dont know what to say really, except  how sorry i am.  Hope the new chicks help you get through this sad time.

helens-hens

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:26 »
Really sorry to hear your bad news, such a lot to have to come to terms with and deal with.

You are well overdue a bit of good luck and happiness. I am sure the new chicks and even the unexpected arrival of the quail will be a start  :)
Helen

NormandyMary

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:34 »
Im so sorry to hear of all your sad news. You sound a really positive person which will help you through the dark days. Im sending you a huge hug from across the Channel.

Maryx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 12:16 »
I cant add anything to what has been said already except that you are in my thoughts xx
What a kind and thoughtful hubby you have to get you those as a present, I hope they help to ease your pain.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Mrs.Apron

• Wearing my apron with pride! :)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 14:23 »
So sorry to hear of all the things you've been through.

Like everyone says, what a lovely, thoughtful hubby and I hope you enjoy your new girls. xx
No sense in being pessimistic It wouldn’t work anyway.

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 18:52 »
Very sorry to hear the sad news. The chicks sound wonderful though! Have never heard Of white Jersey Giants before, but love the breed, and am looking forward to getting one in the summer! Generally love Brahmas, and they should make lovely additions.
Best of Luck with everything.
Weasel and The Chooks

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 19:08 »
thanks guys.

i wasn't in the right frame of mind when it happened to let anyone know and its not something you shout about anyway is it?

but there are 2 things that 2 different people said to me that helped me a lot - look at how much blossom blooms on each tree and yet not every one of them is destined to ripen into fruit. some will drop in the wind, others birds will take etc...sometimes its just not meant to be

but the most endearing thing - god decided it wasn't his time and had sent him in packaging that wasn't quite perfect...bide your time, he'll come again and then he'll come as a bonny prince.

on the chicks...i think hubby feels he'd rather he hadn't but anything to keep me occupied until i'm ready to go back to work and face....children.

i think i've got 2 girls and 2 boys in the brahmas and 3 lads and only 2 gals in the jerseys but i'm hoping i'm wrong ;)

PaulineM

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 13:10 »
Hi

So, so sorry to hear of the absolutely horrendous time you have had   :(

I love the advice you were given about a 'bonny prince'.

Hope your new little chicks help you pick yourself back up of the floor and each day brings you a little closer to the day you meet your 'perfect little bonny prince'  :)

Big Hugs X

1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 09:14 »
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news - troubles never seem to happen singly, do they?

Enjoy your chickens and other pets while you recover & look to move forward.
ManicMum

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 40 queries.