'Helpfull neibours'

• 6 Replies

Kleftiwallah

'Helpfull neibours'
« on: August 27, 2021, 10:02 »
are not restricted to the allotments!! 

After spending a week making a double level planter for my little sister, just small/large enough to go in the back of my van.  I went to the sheds and bought a selection of composts on geriatric Wedneday.

Delivering the compost and leaving it in a nice stack on the pavement in bright sunlight outside her flat where the footpath is six feet wide I went home toi pick up the planter, arriving back at the flats about ten minutes later - no compost.  Some 'helpfull muctao had moved the compost round the side of the building now with three times the distance to carry it back to the planter.  My sister came out with the comment "Oh he thought someone would fall over it or steal it'.  You can understand my heated comments, but was there any apology or offer to help return it to where I had left it?  Silence rung out.

I'm glad I kept the receipt (just to check, you understand) to check off against the empty bags.  Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: 'Helpfull neibours'
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 10:08 »
I’m afraid you can’t trust passers by nowadays.  Leave something in my front garden for 10 minutes and it will be gone.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 15:30 »
Aunty, that's so dreadfully dreadful. Makes you wonder when you have something that might get stolen to put a notice on it saying this has to be removed by a certified "someone" due to being accidentally being contaminated with asbestos fibres. What is this world coming to. 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 21:54 »
This could be useful Aunty.

The next time you need to get rid of an old couch, leave it in the front yard with a helpful note for the "antique appraiser".
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

al78

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 12:34 »
Look on it as an attempt to be thoughtful, not an attempt to annoy you. I can see his point if you live in a dodgy area, and if you live in southern England, full of people lacking in spatial awareness who walk about with their head buried in a smartphone or walk dogs or children, someone could fall over it.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 17:46 »
This is a enclave of retired persons dwellings, flats and bungalows not a sink estate.  The guy was just a fool.

Cheers,  Tony.

Welsh Merf

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 08:01 »
A friend of mine had a tall freezer he wanted to get rid of, because he was re-designing the kitchen, so he put it outside on the driveway with a notice on it, saying, "Free to a good home".

It was there for a few days, not attracting any attention, so he changed the notice to read, "£50 ONO". It went overnight.
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 42 queries.