Net cover for polytunnel

• 9 Replies

ghost61

Net cover for polytunnel
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:12 »
Does anyone know if you can buy a net cover for small polytunnels (Max size 6m x 3m)?  Fed up of using debris netting that falls apart after a season of sunshine.  Have looked online but can only find covers for commercial tunnels - must be a gap in the market if they can't be bought.  Otherwise I'll have to buy some insect mesh and get the sewing machine out!

adri

• Experienced Member
    • peak hives
Re: Net cover for polytunnel
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 21:14 »
I'm also looking for a covering for my poly.  Can't seem to find a good shading solution for a polytunnel...

Adri
Peak Hives

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 21:36 »
Fed up of using debris netting that falls apart after a season of sunshine. 
Don't know where you are buying your debris netting, if it falls apart in a year? Some of mine is 6 years old and still going strong  :)

Net polytunnel covers here
https://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/polytunnel-coversDetail/fabricated-net-cover-50-density?gclid=CjwKCAjwhLHaBRAGEiwAHCgG3vJhi7QpF0suY4Q-H6NJHChyYvyHO5F_Z1srxpXJh7lWjqotGrouwxoCfR0QAvD_BwE

Veg Plot 1B

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:02 »
Gardening Naturally have wide netting cut to order.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 17:28 »
Gardening Naturally have wide netting cut to order.

And last year they had 25% of all netting later on in the year, I’ve person my sights set on them doing the same again this year
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 19:04 »
Don't know where you are buying your debris netting, if it falls apart in a year? Some of mine is 6 years old and still going strong  :)

https://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/polytunnel-coversDetail/fabricated-net-cover-50-density?gclid=CjwKCAjwhLHaBRAGEiwAHCgG3vJhi7QpF0suY4Q-H6NJHChyYvyHO5F_Z1srxpXJh7lWjqotGrouwxoCfR0QAvD_BwE

Mine's the same MoS.  I've had mine for at least six years, and it's still going strong.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 19:19 »
Debris netting is easy enough to sow by hand tbh, or you can attach it to the polytunnel frame with cable ties.

Our PT is made of that "green mesh with clear squares" material so is plenty shaded enough, thank goodness
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

ghost61

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 06:02 »

Mine's the same MoS.  I've had mine for at least six years, and it's still going strong.

First tunnels' smallest width is 7m.  My tunnel is 3m x 6m.  Debris netting in full sun starts to deteriorate quite quickly.  Anyway I have bought environmesh and made my own cover which looks superb and can be washed and will also prevent whitefly which debris netting doesn't.  I'm happy!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 09:31 »
I'm glad you have it sorted now  :)

but from my experience, I still have to disagree with you about debris netting, sorry  :nowink:

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 14:29 »
I'm glad you have it sorted now  :)

but from my experience, I still have to disagree with you about debris netting, sorry  :nowink:

Maybe there are different qualities of debris netting & Mum & I just got lucky. Mine needs replacing nw but that’s cos I had my bonfire too close!

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 40 queries.