New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Brief intro....it's only manners

• 5 Replies

emaclue

Brief intro....it's only manners
« on: June 03, 2015, 19:00 »
Hi, New to all things Vegetables and planting seasons, soil conditioning etc. Been doing a lot of You Tube watching and researching.......so if I can't grow a few 'teddys' and Greens the first time I will be disappointed. Going to Farm a few Rabbits, a couple of Pigs and keep some Fowl too. Just the Veg to figure out though.......be looking for good tips and some Penny saving brain waves too. Cheers all who have read.........'Emaclue'  ;)

snowdrops

Re: Brief intro....it's only manners
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 19:04 »
Hi emaclue, sounds like you'll have a small holding on the go soon then. Good luck  :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 19:20 »
Welcome to the site  :D

If you pop your general location into your forum profile it'll help us know where you are when chatting about growing stuff  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Norfolkgrey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 19:37 »
Hi and welcome  :) Any particular reason on farming rabbits rather than hunting/ trapping them. A morning ferreting is not a bad way to spend a morning if you can put the bunnys to good use, also keeps bunny numbers down  ;)

emaclue

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:18 »
Hi 'Norfolkgrey', I have no problem with Hunting, of any kind, spent my whole life doing it. I am moving to Eastern Europe on a couple of Acres, hoping to be as 'self sustaining' as possible. The Rabbit population isn't what it is in the UK and the easiest and surest way of having a regular Meat source is to Farm it, in my opinion. It might even be a good bartering tool. I would love to take a couple of 'Fitchy Ferrets' out with me, even if to do some Ratting with the Terriers......love Ferrets but I need to look in to regulations around taking them.

Norfolkgrey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 10:31 »
Hi 'Norfolkgrey', I have no problem with Hunting, of any kind, spent my whole life doing it. I am moving to Eastern Europe on a couple of Acres, hoping to be as 'self sustaining' as possible. The Rabbit population isn't what it is in the UK and the easiest and surest way of having a regular Meat source is to Farm it, in my opinion. It might even be a good bartering tool. I would love to take a couple of 'Fitchy Ferrets' out with me, even if to do some Ratting with the Terriers......love Ferrets but I need to look in to regulations around taking them.

:D Good answer  :D

xx
Oops!! Where's my manners?

Started by Lilylove on Welcome to the Forums

4 Replies
Last post June 02, 2018, 15:28
by sunshineband
xx
Intro

Started by Rhys Sharrock on Welcome to the Forums

8 Replies
Last post May 11, 2015, 16:57
by Garden path

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 38 queries.