I'm Back

• 3 Replies

DellDGM

• Location: Australia- South Australia trying organic gardening
    • http://farmintheburbs.blogspot.com/
I'm Back
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:12 »
I didn't drop off the face of the earth, between school holidays, chrissie, and our family holidays I haven't been able to get to the computer much.  Well I'm back and I thought I would give you an update.

The garden is best described as a unkept jungle, The 4 little pumpkins I put in has gone nuts, they have gone from their 3x2 mtr beds up the apricot tree, through the tomato bed, into the miniture orchard and also into the lettuce and bean bed to the point of climbing up the trellis and pumpkins are hanging off the trellis.

We have been eating lots of tomatos, I did have one tomato plant that would grow fruit but instead of rippening it would rot, I was going to take the plant out to get rid of what ever bug was doing it but I didn't get to it and I think it acutall prevented the bugs spreeding to the other plants cause they had plenty with the one bush they had.  

We have been getting about 10 cucumbers a week for about 8-10 weeks now, The lettuce did really well but went to seed when we were away so I'm wondering whether to leave them so see if they self seed.  

My herbs all went balistic and many have gone to seed.  Needless to say the grass weeds have also gone mad.

I am not sure where to begin in getting this yard under control - I'll have to wait until the weather is not so hot and just pick a spot and start.
Dell
Spending time between the garden and the munchkins!
http://farmintheburbs.blogspot.com/

Trillium

I'm Back
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:47 »
Nice to have you back Dell. Sounds like you need a couple of goats to get things sorted  :lol:

Selkie

I'm Back
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:59 »
Welcome back Dell :D

gobs

I'm Back
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 17:28 »
Hello, Dell, you will get there, eventually. :)
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
looking back!

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2012, 18:09
by pawsnclaws
xx
Bad back

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post April 27, 2008, 19:58
by compostqueen
xx
Back again

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 09:26
by stompy
xx
and I'm back!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 22, 2014, 15:47
by starry

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 39 queries.