Funerals

• 2 Replies

GraciesGran

Funerals
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:01 »
Elderly relative died recently.  She was 92 and just faded away.  Under normal circumstances the funeral would have been a family gathering but not now.  After much consideration my cousins kept the actual funeral to immediate family which meant 10 people stretchers to see my aunt off.

The funeral was live streamed so we could watch.  The service was lovely but watching from a distance was unnerving to say the least, it felt somewhat ghoulish and I hope not to have to repeat it.

jezza

Re: Funerals
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 10:42 »
Hello sorry to hear of your loss, theres been 6 funerals at my local church since March 2020 the first one was on lock down day with 5 people 4 family and the vicar   for a grave side funeral pall bearers had to go ahead 5 minutes before the family to place the coffin then leave, 2nd one was day after lock down was lifted that had that wad inside service maximum 15 people the next 2 were 15 max then we had one that had 200 stood on the road with police presence  last one was 15 people  you'll never get over your loss but hopefully your church will do a large memorial service indoors or outdoors when times get better   jezza

GraciesGran

Re: Funerals
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 13:02 »
My cousins are planning a memorial service and farewell party for September on what would have been my aunt's birthday, her husband's birthday and their wedding anniversary.

I hope I never have to attend a live stream funeral service again.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 41 queries.