Tomatoes

• 2 Replies

FRUITFULL

Tomatoes
« on: May 14, 2009, 20:15 »
We bought seeds from a tomatoe back from our greek hols last year.Sowed them and they grew into lovely healthy tom plants.In we popped them to grow in ring culture pots in the greenhouse,1st flowers came  :D now i realise they cant get taller than 12ins as theres no top to them anymore  :( :( Do i leave the side shoots to let them grow into a bush plant or are they just mutants? I thought i was so clever saving the seeds etc! Even gave the young plants to friends and family to grow (cringe!)
Good job theres a few Moneymakers in the greenhouse as we would be short for toms later. :D

gobs

Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 20:56 »
Hard to say for certain, 'cos they just could have stopped growing for whatever, like weather reasons, however, they do sound determinate. Let them be and can always thin out whenever you think so. :D
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

blackbob

• Experienced Member
Re: Tomatoes
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 21:12 »
We bought seeds from a tomatoe back from our greek hols last year.Sowed them and they grew into lovely healthy tom plants.In we popped them to grow in ring culture pots in the greenhouse,1st flowers came  :D now i realise they cant get taller than 12ins as theres no top to them anymore  :( :( Do i leave the side shoots to let them grow into a bush plant or are they just mutants? I thought i was so clever saving the seeds etc! Even gave the young plants to friends and family to grow (cringe!)
Good job theres a few Moneymakers in the greenhouse as we would be short for toms later. :D

leave alone and you should get fruit :)

xx
tomatoes

Started by colinc on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 17, 2011, 05:51
by BabbyAnn
xx
What is it about tomatoes?

Started by A Reyt Tayty on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 22:59
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Can my tomatoes go out yet?

Started by Pony Girl on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post May 20, 2012, 14:51
by andyw
xx
tomatoes

Started by juikelin on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 07, 2020, 17:43
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 38 queries.