Has anyone seen....

• 5 Replies

asd1

• Experienced Member
Has anyone seen....
« on: February 19, 2012, 19:52 »
The new chicken coop from brinsea? Looks pretty good to me. Anyone else got any thoughts on it ?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Has anyone seen....
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 20:15 »
looks like it is made from the same recycled plastic as my solway arks. However the issue I do have with the Brinsea coops is that they have done the same as Omlet did originally with their eglus - wooden perches. Why have plastic and then have wood inside? Omlet later offered plastic perches which work very well just wash them and dry in minutes rather than waiting ages for wood to dry out.
Staffies are softer than you think.

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 20:22 »
That's what I thought but the price is good and there is more then one perch (iv noticed alot of other brands have only one or two perches)

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 20:32 »
these are the arks that I have which do only have the 2 perches but are big enough for over 10 birds and not a lot more (I do also have 2 eglus but will be putting these on ebay soon) :-

http://www.solwayrecycling.co.uk/recycled-shop/pig-poultry/hen-arks/standard-eco-hen-ark

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 20:37 »
I looked at the sloway ones at the Norfolk show last year they are lovely and big, very sturdy too I'm just procrastinating on making up my mind !

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 20:47 »
do lots of research as everybodies needs are different and dont buy until you have seen the models you are interested in afterall you are spending a lot of money.
 I have knee problems so we are going to make a stand for each of mine to help with cleaning out. Also now to help minimise cleaning I have now put under the perches a couple of growbag trays to help catch the poop - anything to make life easier  :)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 40 queries.