wow...its all growing ......
« on: May 09, 2009, 21:03 »
i have sown from seed

tomatoes
cucumber
beetroot
peppers
lettuce

also bought some runner beans and everything is growing !  yes i am suprised.and now worrying as i am not sure where to put everything as would like the consevatory back at some point...... 

so -  can tomatoes and cucumbers go outside on patio  in grow bags ?  i hear u can then i hear u cant........ they are about 7 inches high now.........

but peppers can stay inside and beetroot, they are out in big pot already taking their chances.

Lettuce - i have so many and if i leave just a few i will have all of them at the same time, so maybe not the best idea !!!!!!!!!   but can these go outside and how big do they need to be ?

Its great as i am a newbie and although the intial buying of seed pots, small pots, big pots then grow bags probably cost me what a nice supply of veggies from the farm shop thro summer would, i have all the tools and pots for years to come and i for one am a chuffed bunny at the progress so far.........................

its all good !!!!!!!!!!!! :D
if i plant it, will it grow ?

Trillium

Re: wow...its all growing ......
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 21:06 »
Toms and cukes can go outside under some shelter. They're tropical type plants and can't take any frost at all, so keep an eye for this. Same wtih green peppers which are sensitive to cold. Beets are quite hardy and will tolerate light frost. If there's a frost forecast, cover the plants with some fleece for the night.

clip
What am I growing?

Started by cc on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 12, 2022, 11:49
by cc
xx
What have you still got growing

Started by Babstreefern on Grow Your Own

38 Replies
Last post October 25, 2009, 11:55
by purplebean
xx
Nothing growing :(

Started by fletch on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post May 11, 2010, 16:55
by izzy
xx
Growing on

Started by denbo73 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 02, 2007, 10:36
by Pure Scotsman

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 38 queries.