Fallen leaves.

• 4 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Fallen leaves.
« on: January 03, 2024, 18:49 »
Good evening gardeners on pause.

Dear Editor, would you please consider this plea for entry in your fine newspaper?

With the vast amount of leaves leaving or having left the trees and settling on the pavements, could I raise a plea to “Those in authority” to clear the build-up of leaves on Lowbourne?  All the way from under the Yew trees near the Library car park to the double roundabout, all along the fence of the park?

What has happened in the past and will surely happen again. If these leaves are not removed, all that is required will be a single torrential downpour to wash the leaves from the footpath and gutter, build up and inundate the drains resulting a flood outside No 21 Lowbourne.  With the resultant splashing of pedestrians much to the amusement of moronic motorists.

This is a major road into and out of the town.  It does not give a good impression about the tidiness does it?

I have asked to local rag to enter the comment "I told you so!  In thier letters page! :lol: :D
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Goosegirl

Re: Fallen leaves.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 09:07 »
Not to mention people slipping on them and having to go to A&E especially when the NHS is under extreme pressure.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 12:38 »
Excellent point goosegirl.  Cheers,  Tony. ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 15:24 »
And the dog poo which people don't pickup, just kick some leaves over it. >:(    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 17:20 »
a lady friend of ours had a luck escape down the allotments the other day she was picking up leaves for her compost bin under a tree in the church yard next to our allotments when a gust of wind brought down the tree fortunately she was clear when it came down the woman told me this when I came to cut the tree up with the chain saw as it was blocking the church yard path so I cleared the path I'm yet to finish cutting it up and it wasn't rotten the wind had just pulled out the ground roots and all a lovely  piece of ash for the wood burner next year :D

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 40 queries.