RIP Clara

• 13 Replies

dugless

RIP Clara
« on: July 03, 2013, 18:46 »
The last of my four EX bats died today :( we have had her for four and a half years so we recon she was a least 
six years old, she was quite a character and we will miss her.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: RIP Clara
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 19:04 »
That is a grand old age dugless so you should be proud that you have nurtured her to live a full and happy life.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Springlands

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 19:05 »
She has done well for an ex-bat - it is good to know that she had so many happy chickeny years.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:54 »
Poor old Clara  :( Bet you will miss her.

As the others say, a good age for an ex-bat.  You obviously looked after her very well.

dugless

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 06:58 »
We took her with us when we went with the caravan to the Gower last year  ::)
she seeemed to enjoy the change of scenery

Springlands

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 08:14 »
I better not tell OH that - he keeps going on about how much he will miss ours when we go on holiday.  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 08:19 »
I would need a trailer for my flock, now where did I put the yellow pages?!!   ::)

compostqueen

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:14 »
Oh Dugless I'm so sorry to hear about Clara. Still, she had a turn around in her fortunes when she met you!  :)  I think it's marvellous of you to take her with you on holiday. I bet she loved it  :D  Well, you couldn't very well leave her at home now could you  :)

You will miss her very much. Perhaps you could get another batch. I know it won't replace Clara in your affections but you obviously have plenty of love to go round  ;)

Sue33

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16 »

aww I feel really sad for you Dugless, I know how much she meant to you  :(  at least she had a very long and happy life with you, they really do turn into pets don't they and we just can't help falling in love with them  :)

barley

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 23:04 »
 (((( hugs ))))

dugless

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 07:10 »
 I miss her saying good morning to me when I let her out and being mugged for my brackefast.

I have been addopted by one pair of Mallards and two single males, besides my normal phesants ::)

I do not have to worry about finnding someone to take care of them when I go on holiday :D

Springlands

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 08:59 »
You mean to say you are not taking them with you.  :lol:  I can just imagine the mess a couple of mallards would make in a caravan.  ::)

Prod

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 13:54 »
Sorry for your loss...... strange how we get attached but we do.  ALL  my birds think it's one blooming big holiday all the time!!!  My partner calls me Mr Tweedie because I am paranoid that they know my every move and plan things against me!!!!!!

dugless

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 20:46 »
Sorry for your loss...... strange how we get attached but we do.  ALL  my birds think it's one blooming big holiday all the time!!!  My partner calls me Mr Tweedie because I am paranoid that they know my every move and plan things against me!!!!!!
do not let anyone say chickens are dumb Clara certaily wasnt she knew her name and came when called if she felt like it ::) knew the time we ate  and when she was in a part of the garded she was not supposed to be.

xx
clara

Started by dugless on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post October 07, 2012, 20:43
by tosca100

Page created in 0.685 seconds with 40 queries.