Did you buy yourself a pressie?

• 25 Replies

sunnywillow

Re: Did you buy yourself a pressie?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 19:39 »
Happy New Year everyone. Let us hope it will be better than last year. 
Treated myself to an electric windowsill propagator. Can't wait to get started :D

Christine

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2021, 10:52 »
I was tempted. I gave in and bought a mystery box of practical items from Suttons Seeds. Probably be all the things they can't sell but it will be fun trying out "stuff" I wouldn't usually buy.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2021, 19:29 »
I was tempted. I gave in and bought a mystery box of practical items from Suttons Seeds. Probably be all the things they can't sell but it will be fun trying out "stuff" I wouldn't usually buy.

I looked at that then decided to be strong and resist it.  Let us know what you got  :)

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 12:35 »
I sure did! OH and I get things we like during the year and put them away for Christmas. Amongst other things I got a sleeveless lambs wool and angora buttoned top and a pair of sheepskin and suede slippers and they are so snuggly. I am a huge fan of a Scottish firm called the house of Brewer (Mods - it's not actually spelt like that) and their stuff is first class value and will last for years. I also got David Suchet's book "Behind The Lens" and love it.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 18:03 »
Speaking of heat though, where would you get a heated jacket?

For you or the composter?

OH bought himself one recently off EBay that he is pleased with.  I can ask him where he got it  :)

:lol:
For me - though I couldn't swear that it wouldn't fit us both!  :D

BTW, Thanks for the reply - I've not been online for a few days.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 19:03 »
Speaking of heat though, where would you get a heated jacket?

For you or the composter?

OH bought himself one recently off EBay that he is pleased with.  I can ask him where he got it  :)

:lol:
For me - though I couldn't swear that it wouldn't fit us both!  :D

BTW, Thanks for the reply - I've not been online for a few days.

I’ve checked with him and it was a heated vest he got, but he thinks it is the biz  8)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ISOPHO-Electric-Charging-3-level-Black-XL/dp/B08CXYBD81/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1XSU882MHYQKR&dchild=1&keywords=isopho+heated+vest&qid=1609700399&sprefix=Isopho%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-5

He did say the sizes are a little snug.  He wears an L and got an XL so it would go over his work fleece.  It just fits him nicely, but any smaller and he would have had to send it back  :lol:

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 19:27 »
Thanks for the info, new shoot.

Definitely on the list! :)

Christine

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2021, 11:14 »
It has arrived:
Three pairs of gloves; seaweed extract of a brand I don't know but will use; two different bottles of plant food - one for general stuff and one for container baskets; 2 x pea and bean rings for holding those canes into wigwams; two large pink scoops and one smaller purple one of different shape - useful for getting compost out of large bags; 2 x jiffy windowsill containers - jiffy pellets in small propagators, not something I would normally use but willing to give them a try; 10 x small plastic trays for sowing seeds in - you know the ones that don't last long but again useful for home for a season; number of coir blocks - never used but will investigate; net of onion sets that should have been planted by December; variety of odd seed packets all in date for this year only; and a most unusual "crusher" to flatten your rubbish to a small degree. Whatever.  Some of it will go to a neighbour that I owe a few favours to and some I can use myself.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2021, 16:08 »
Finally got the plant theatre set up.  I ordered some nice pots for it but they are not coming until the end of the month. Also ordered primroses.  The website says delivery early Feb and my email order confirmation says Oct 2021. I hope that is a mistake  :ohmy:

Not to be defeated, I have made a display anyway.  A native primrose, a few snowdrops, a couple of cyclamen and some wild violets got appropriated from the garden, plus an artistic bit of wood I have acquired along the way somewhere  :lol:
E14D0C31-51C4-45A1-BC74-7F8576398FBC.jpeg

snowdrops

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2021, 23:47 »
That’s nice News, will be good to see it again when they flower
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 05:03 »
We usually tell each other what we're getting these days, so does that count?

It was perfume for her, a book on Bletchley brainteasers for me, plus a couple of DVDs for both, one of which is immediately going to The Charity Shop, but the other one, 'Travelling Man', is excellent, even after thirty-five years! Leigh Lawson, Lindsay Duncan, Terry Taplin - all in great form, and a totally different setting to any other series we ever watched back then! Fabulous music too!

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 51 queries.