Did you buy yourself a pressie?

• 25 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Did you buy yourself a pressie?
« on: December 24, 2020, 15:10 »
I did and a big one as well   :blush:

I treated myself to a plant theatre, which is a small set of metalwork shelves for outdoor use.  The first actors on set are some small pots of bulbs and I am planning to add little splashes of colour with other plants.  The whole lot will be framed by larger pots and put outside the back door where I can see them through the windows, even if it is too cold or wet to venture out.

It is going to be my consolation through the dreary months until spring is really here and I reckon after this year, I deserve it  :D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 15:20 by New shoot »

Alank

• Experienced Member
Re: Did you buy yourself a norty pressie?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 15:24 »
Sounds great we all like a bit of colour from the early bulbs etc. My naughty present was a heated jacket that will come in useful on the cold days up the allotment or at work. I'm ordering two new pollytunnels so I think that's me sorted. My wife's naughty present was a new TV so I get to watch stuff when the weather is awful  :lol:

mrs bouquet

Re: Did you buy yourself a pressie?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 15:28 »
Yes,  I bought some perfume, then remembered another one so ordered that as well.
I have always fancied to have a "Theatre".   Hope you all enjoy your pressies.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 15:31 »
I did and a big one as well   :blush:

I treated myself to a plant theatre, which is a small set of metalwork shelves for outdoor use.  The first actors on set are some small pots of bulbs and I am planning to add little splashes of colour with other plants.  The whole lot will be framed by larger pots and put outside the back door where I can see them through the windows, even if it is too cold or wet to venture out.

It is going to be my consolation through the dreary months until spring is really here and I reckon after this year, I deserve it  :D

I think we need a 'photo of that, along with where I could but one     :D  Mrs B

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 15:37 »
I treated myself (well the plot really  :mad:) to a bulk order of Marshalls Organic manure and 6 x 120lts of multipurpose compost while they were on offer a few weeks ago.
The other treat was a new shower, to be installed after the holidays, as my one's been running lukewarm for about a month. Long enough to confirm how much I prefer a shower to a bath  ::)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 15:37 »
I think we need a 'photo of that, along with where I could but one     :D  Mrs B

It is a project ‘to do’ over the next few days so a piccie will be posted soon Mrs B  :lol:

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 14:18 »
Two of Monty's books , My Garden World and Nigel  My family and other dogs , my youngest needed to add to an online order to get free p & p , so I sneaked them in  ;) ;).
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

basketcase

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 19:57 »
I got myself a hot composter, which will sit on the verandah - I'm not leaving anything that expensive on the allotment!  :wacko:

Speaking of heat though, where would you get a heated jacket?

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 20:09 »
A bottle of perfume in case they missed the hints & yes they did :mad: I’m going to get them he next Pinch of Nom book next time I’m in town as that didn’t appear either :mad:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 09:12 »
Speaking of heat though, where would you get a heated jacket?

For you or the composter?

OH bought himself one recently off EBay that he is pleased with.  I can ask him where he got it  :)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 10:48 »
I set myself an indoor 'winter project' of partially replumbing my kitchen and bathroom, which still included sections of lead pipe.
Was going to re-use the sink and base unit, but the sink turned out to have rusted pinholes, and the base unit fell apart when I moved it!
Think I'll be buying myself several post-Christmas presents in the next week or so!  ::)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 14:10 »
I you've got to buy them JayG, there are some pretty good bargains going on right now.  Probably, not what you wanted, but better now, than when you had put it all back together.   ::)  Mrs Bouquet

mrs bouquet

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 14:16 »
A bottle of perfume in case they missed the hints & yes they did :mad: I

What perfume did you get for yourself.  Now days I get mine from a company called Fragrance Direct.  Mrs B

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 15:08 »
A bottle of perfume in case they missed the hints & yes they did :mad: I

What perfume did you get for yourself.  Now days I get mine from a company called Fragrance Direct.  Mrs B

Flowers by Kenzo, I’ll take a look at that site Mrs B thanks

RubyRed

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2020, 21:00 »
   We lost our 18yr old jack russell in the last few months and the house was too empty so i bought myself a gorgeous jack russellxshihtzu female. And we are besotted with her. Elsie boo is her name and I've never seen so many grown up men on their backs on the floor being silly. My grown up sons and my 68yr old hubby !!

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 56 queries.