Weather and Seasons

• 5 Replies

scentedstock

Weather and Seasons
« on: January 20, 2008, 17:57 »
I've just got back from the allotment. Has anyone else noticed that it's starting to get darker later. OK by only 25 minutes but it's a start.

We were talking and our prediction was that Winter now appears around April and May. Anyone else agree?

mushroom

Weather and Seasons
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 18:03 »
I reckon down here there isn't a winter at all. We have Spring, where the rain  trickling down the back of your neck appears to be a little bit warmer than usual, and it appears to get lighter, earlier. Then we have Autumn, where the rain trickling down the back of your neck appears to feel colder, and the sky appears to get darker, earlier.

I move for the season previously known as Winter, to be termed Mud, and the Summer to be termed Slug.

Selkie

Weather and Seasons
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 18:09 »
Or Mushroom, how about a wet season (which lasts about 50 weeks) and a dry season? :idea:

splodger

Weather and Seasons
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 20:06 »
there will be another cold spell coming soon  :wink:

but i don't think we have the cold  winters that we had 30 + yrs ago - not down south anyway

i've got a feeling this "blowing hot and cold weather" will be around for some time to come - so you had better just get used to it - and adapt  :wink:

Sally A

Weather and Seasons
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 20:17 »
My garden is covered in Speedwell (Birds Eye), I know it's only an annual weed but I was hoping it would get finished off in a cold snap before it started flowering - no hope.

gobs

Weather and Seasons
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 20:19 »
Well, when I moved here I decided - just to cheer meself up - that it was stable permanent weather here, autumn forever. :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
Plants with long flowering seasons?

Started by GYO Girl on General Gardening

9 Replies
Last post November 11, 2012, 15:52
by Goosegirl
xx
weather

Started by beatrice on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post September 19, 2008, 09:33
by richyrich7
xx
bleedin' weather :(

Started by mushroom on General Gardening

19 Replies
Last post February 01, 2008, 12:27
by Rob the rake
xx
Watch the weather !!

Started by richyrich7 on General Gardening

11 Replies
Last post May 16, 2008, 10:53
by PinkTequila

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 34 queries.