We've gone and done it

• 9 Replies

Swing Swang

We've gone and done it
« on: June 08, 2017, 07:02 »
Nearly five years in the planning but we've finally exchanged contracts on a place in Cornwall with a hectare of land, a small barn, a furnished holiday letting to help with the bills, and a sea view...

Plans for polytunnel and pigs in due course, but it will be a month until we move. Very exciting, very scary.

SS

snowdrops

Re: We've gone and done it
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39 »
Congratulations how exciting for you all, we need photo evidence of course😄
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:52 »
Scary but how exciting  :D  That would be my dream too.

Really looking forward to hearing all about it.

we need photo evidence of course😄

Seconded  ;)  :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 11:27 »
Congratulations!  :D :D :D

Really happy for you - can you tell us a little more? How near the coast? What's the land like now?

Having done the move to the country ourselves, can I suggest you go slowly with plans? You learn a lot in the first year.

(edited cos' Val pointed out you have a sea view so must be within sight of the coast)
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 15:41 »
Ooooh! That is something I would have loved to do but we never quite had the courage, plus wanted to stay (relatively) close to family.

Really looking forward to hearing about your progress and pictures are of course compulsory

I'll bet you can't stop smiling 😁😁😁😁

Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Swing Swang

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 21:42 »
Pictures when we get there!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 22:01 »
Congratulations - what a scary, thrilling, exciting, next phase of life for you!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Swing Swang

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 06:33 »
Congratulations!  :D :D :D

How near the coast? What's the land like now?

(edited cos' Val pointed out you have a sea view so must be within sight of the coast)

We're about 2.5 miles from the coast, but as we are 81m above sea level although we can't see the shore there is a sea view along 40 degrees of horizon.
The land is mainly being used by a neighbouring farmer as grazing for sheep, and the soil is shallow over (sand) stones, although there is a pathway to an area that supported two large polytunnels that were used semi-commercially about 20 years ago so this has more potential. There a is reasonable sized garden including raised beds, a very small (but 'proper') poly tunnel with raised beds, a greenhouse with a mature vine, and we're taking on the 3 resident chickens. Essentially we can start as though we have an "allotment attached" but with the extra land to keep the bees and a few animals for home consumption in 2018/2019. There is also an attached furnished holiday letting that will help with the bills, but I will have to clear saying more about that with the mods once we've moved to avoid falling foul of any advertising rules on this site.

SS

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:23 »
... There is also an attached furnished holiday letting that will help with the bills, but I will have to clear saying more about that with the mods once we've moved to avoid falling foul of any advertising rules on this site.

SS

I'm sure we can help a bit there. What we don't want are those who only come onto the forum and post to advertise. Drop me a PM nearer the time when you're ready.

Chrysalis

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 20:38 »
Wow! How wonderful for you!  I am rather jealous, but also glad it's you and not me! Cn't wait to read of your adventures. :) :) :)

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 39 queries.