Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......

• 44 Replies

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
Re: Think i'm going to kill my neighbour
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 18:33 »
the neighbours sounds like a nasty peice personally i would have stuck the nut on him if he had done that to me maty sound drastic but he could have knocked and spoke to me in the first palce

uba

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 19:12 »
I agree with the guttering idea or at least turning the roof slope the other way around. What I cannot get my head around is the fellas objection to rain ( OH NOES!!) landing in his garden.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do.

katey

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 19:55 »
It sounds to me as though this was the last straw for ww.I got the impression that she has had trouble before.
I don't know how to post a link ww but i found this forum and you might find some help on it.It's called 'Neighbours from hell in britain'.
I really feel for you and wish you the best of luck!

wildwitchy

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 20:36 »
As to killing my neighbour - I personally hope he drops dead from a heart attack or something else relating to his health! Do you think id say im going to kill my neighbour on the internet????? Give me a break for gods sake. Political correctness gone berzerk.

The man is a kn*bhead. End of. The roof on the coop is flat. I've even cut it today so it is compleatly level with the fence. We have tried to talk to him previously (issues have been going on for several years resulting in police attendence, surveyers letters etc etc). He has been told by the police twice to leave us alone. He has swore very badly at me over the fence, damaged expensive fencing that had been immeadiatly put up with a hammer (along our boundary line).

Yes katey - this is a  (tiresome) long standing standing problem & thankyou for the NFIB. I have just registered.

As to guttering. Dont talk to me about guttering. He fiddled about with the front guttering on his house to cause all the water to overflow to ours and down the front of our house causing the bricks to crumble. All this was set off after we paid £4000 plus for a new fence in front garden & driveway. He wanted to keep the old privet hedge & didnt want a brand new scandanavian style fence. FOR FREE..................

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 20:45 »
As to killing my neighbour - I personally hope he drops dead from a heart attack or something else relating to his health! Do you think id say im going to kill my neighbour on the internet????? Give me a break for gods sake. Political correctness gone berzerk.

No need to be stroppy with  us wildwitchy.  People were only trying to give you good advice based on the information you had given.

wildwitchy

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 21:02 »
I dont do stroppy, I call spade of spade. I'm very grateful for advice received. Good or otherwise. I thought the weedkiller & voodoo was quite appropriate for the evil toad in this nanny run state we live in.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 21:05 »
Did you discuss with your neighbour the removal of the hedge before you removed it ?

wildwitchy

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 21:39 »
yes & I paid for a surveyor too.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 21:40 »
yes & I paid for a surveyor too.

And did you're neighbour object at the time of planning ?

wildwitchy

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 21:53 »
The boundary is ours. Hedge WAS ours. I offered to cut it in half (well builders would with a struggle) even though it was dead in the middle, leaves on the outside (old privet hedge) so he could have some hedge to trim. He wanted whole hedge left & made it clear using foul language. I left the scene, consulted legal persons. Informed hedge would be removed compleatly via legal professionals & new fencing would be installed on boundary line.

Relationship breakdown compleatly - war began.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 22:00 »
Very sad.  Shame there couldn't have been a compromise worked out. Once war is declared it can only be ended by a truce or total annihilation of the other side. A truce is usually preferable.

Have you managed to stopped the water from the chicken roof going into his garden now ?  You said you'd cut the roof back so that it wasn't now overhanging his property.

wildwitchy

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 22:21 »
The police turned up again tonight (to give him his diary), went next door & me & hubby heard him ranting (yet again). I did cut the roof back alot more/ pinned it flat & I dont think he'd noticed I'd done it. He was shouting at the policeman in his garden about it.

Policeman came round again. I showed him the before & after photos & the cut off peice. Neighbour still isnt happy & wants more roof cut off at back???????

I dont know what else to do tbh. Still got to put wire in a few little gaps to stop virmin getting into run.

See photo of Aviery/chook run.
DSCF1800.JPG

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 22:32 »
Is that picture before or after you cut it back ?

Before is my guess as the one in the picture will still run water over the fence.  Is it your fence?

Why is the run so hard up against the fence ?

What is on his side of the fence ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 22:33 by Aunt Sally »

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 22:34 »
Just to try and shut him up, is it not possible to move the structure away from the fence a little bit?

We are lucky in that we have a large garden, and neighbours on one side only, so all our henhouses are at the other end of the garden.

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Think i'm going to kill my neighbour-well not really.......
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 22:34 »
From that photo your coop does overlap the fence.  No matter how petty the argument, you need to make sure it doesn't. 

Your relationship with your neighbour seems to be one that would not be solved with reason.  So another tactic is necessary.
Cheese makes everything better.

xx
if looks could kill!

Started by Aidy on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 07, 2018, 11:19
by Aidy
question
Neighbour's cockerel

Started by Smokeymoe on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post October 02, 2020, 20:05
by grinling
xx
Whingy neighbour.

Started by nerdle on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post August 02, 2014, 13:10
by jay001
xx
Neighbour from hell

Started by Flump on Chicken Chat

7 Replies
Last post April 08, 2017, 19:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 38 queries.