Rosemary

• 7 Replies

Annie

Rosemary
« on: August 30, 2007, 22:50 »
Someof my rosmary plants have developed dead branches.Only one showed any kind of problem being covered in large red scale insects of some sort.So does anyone know what the scale thingies are or why chunks of otherwise healthy ,established rosemary bushes should die?

WG.

Rosemary
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 23:08 »

Annie

Rosemary
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35 »
Thanks wg,I couldn`t find anything when I tried,so armoured scale it is!Can`t see any sign of any more but will take loads of cuttings just incase.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Rosemary
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:51 »
Try layering Annie, our rosemary has done this by itself and generally it's a bit more reliable than cuttings.

I don't know if you've got it in a pot or the ground, but just peg some of the lower branches down into the ground or a pot & away you go!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Annie

Rosemary
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 15:34 »
I have them in the ground aat different ends of the garden and have now found some scale on both.I would layer but I want to start with cuttings so I can keep it scale free(ha!),at least it`s a good tome of the year to do it.

chrissie B

Rosemary
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 12:23 »
just had a look at my rosemary , its quite big and since we had a huge down pour the other night and 2 days , have noticed it going brown down one side , it did this once befor but not this bit hubby just chopped it off and it was good , i have to add it grows next to the compost bin where i have the huge grubbs (different post)
chrssie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

muntjac

Rosemary
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:40 »
i knck mine back every every year by taking off loads and drying it cuttings i take for others i use hormone rooting powder and get a 99 percent  take
still alive /............

gobs

Rosemary
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 21:36 »
As above, just chop them things back, loosing sick foliage, cutting's root well even without anything, they just take so long, people think they are dead, keep damp though for months, so DD's advice is no work, for the same money.  Also, they do do regenerate from cutting back to hard wood, do this in spring.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
Rosemary

Started by mrs bouquet on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post February 28, 2021, 10:57
by mrs bouquet
xx
Rosemary seeds

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post April 25, 2019, 20:00
by adri
xx
reluctant rosemary

Started by catllar on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 20:56
by Trillium
xx
Rosemary Rainbow Beetle

Started by polly nator on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post July 03, 2014, 19:58
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 39 queries.