Broadbeans - hope after all.............

• 1 Replies

willnbirdie

• Experienced Member
« on: June 15, 2008, 22:42 »
Hi

Just thought I would share.

We set some broadbeans away in the growhouse here at home much earlier in the season - well they ended up with chocolate spot!  (Growing conditions we with think - too long in growhouse)  thought the plants were doomed.

Did a bit of reading and were reassured that they should be ok chocolate spot needed to be severe to kill of plants.

So off to the lottie with them.  Planted - lovely.  Slugs got em in the first 2 days - slug pellets no more slugs.  They were then attacked and have continued to be attacked by the pea and bean weavil.

However - here's the good bit, after a good bit of feeding, plently of hoeing and general tlc, lots and lots of flowers - now lots and lots of pods - still small at this stage but growing every day  :)

So to all you out there with broadbeans with problems here's a ray of hope from a complete novice.

Looking forward to eating them now - in for a little wait yet though.

willnbirdie

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 22:52 »
Well done you!  I had similar problem last year, my potatoes got blight, then so did my toms in the polytunnel, but I kept picking off the odd leaf and fruit as they showed signs of light,and the plants kept growing new bits, eventually I had a good crop of tomatoes, not as many as the year before, but quite a few, and after al, I only had 80 plantslast year, the previous year I had 200!!!! lol

xx
broadbeans

Started by kiowa on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 08, 2007, 10:23
by ACatCalledElvis
xx
broadbeans

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 02, 2008, 20:06
by gobs
xx
Broadbeans

Started by plopleuk on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 11:44
by plopleuk
xx
Broadbeans

Started by maelyn on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 19, 2012, 21:08
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 38 queries.