Small, cheap looking Greenhouse renovation help

• 2 Replies

Relic58

Small, cheap looking Greenhouse renovation help
« on: May 20, 2023, 09:53 »
Hello, I need help with a greenhouse. I have never owned one before and have been given an alluminium frame greenhouse. At first I was excited and viewed it as project, I have just started my retirement. But now I am worried that it will turn into a money pit. It is approx 6ft wide x 4ft deep, with a 4mm twin wall polycarbonate roof and 3mm Acrylic sheet sides. There is no ventilation apart from the doors, so I was thinking about getting a side louvre and a roof vent. However it looks like I will need to alter them to fit, eg cut down the roof vent. The other problem I have is how the sheets are held in place.  There are no rubber gaskets or clips, but a variety of PVC strips some need replacing, but I cant find them anywhere. It also needs new polycarbonate roof sheets. There is no name on the frame, so I dont know who the manufacturer is,(possibly Palram?) I’ll attach some photos.

Is it possible to alter roof vents to fit the frame?
Is there another way to secure the Acrylic sheets?
Does anyone know where to get the PVC fixing strips?
Would I be better off reusing the glazing in a self built wooden frame instead

Many thanks for your help

kevin

IMG_2204 2.JPG
IMG_2188.JPG

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Small, cheap looking Greenhouse renovation help
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 10:24 »
It looks like an old Norfolk or Palram greenhouse, Norfolk have gone out of business, not sure about Palram though.
Do these look like the fixing strips you need? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greenhouse-Joining-Muntin-Elloughton-Greenhouses/dp/B09X1XB1SV/ref=sr_1_52?keywords=palram+greenhouse+parts+list&qid=1684573934&sr=8-52

I used the doors for ventilation on mine as the g/house was small, like yours, it worked ok.

Relic58

Re: Small, cheap looking Greenhouse renovation help
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 15:50 »
Thank you very much for your helpful reply. It is indeed a 'Norfolk' greenhouse and they are still being sold. Maybe I'll be able to get the parts. I had noticed the strips on Amazon but they are not quite right. Did you assemble the greenhouse yourself? Is the tape at the bottom of the glass important? mine seems to be coming off. Do you think it serves a purpose?

thanks again, much appreciated.

kevin

xx
Cheap Greenhouse Ideas

Started by DannyBoy230 on Design and Construction

16 Replies
Last post May 20, 2009, 07:51
by joyfull
xx
Cheap aluminium greenhouse

Started by hubballi on Design and Construction

19 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 13:24
by Aidy
question
Best cheap polytunnel or plastic greenhouse

Started by podmichelle on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 23:25
by aqua
xx
Idea for cheap plastic polytunnel/greenhouse

Started by mr brambles on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post May 14, 2012, 14:19
by Twoflower

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 42 queries.