I'm just not used to it any more!

• 4 Replies

Casey76

I'm just not used to it any more!
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:44 »
I haven't had a single egg of my own since September.  I have had to resort to BUYING eggs, and after 2 years it is a bit of a shock to the system.

I guess I'm going to have to wait impatiently for spring and hope that my pullets will start laying then (they are 25 weeks old now).

My poor garden looks so bare with only 8 birds, especially considering 2 are dotte bantams and 2 are sabelpoots!

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
Re: I'm just not used to it any more!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 13:31 »
I have 3 hatched in spring, just started laying as the last of the older girls is easing off, good timing!

Clarie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 13:26 »
I had one egg only from my lot yesterday. We have 15 hens all of egg laying age. Lazy girls!!

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 18:37 »
We had our first egg in 2 months this morning :D. We have 2 ex bats no longer laying, 2 bantams not laid for ages, 4 pullets who should start soon as they are 25 weeks old now. But good old Snowy the Light Sussex laid her first today since going broody in July!!!
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 19:21 »
Good luck!  I have just had my first three eggs from one of my pullets - a white leghorn of 25 and a half weeks!! I didn't think we would get any eggs before the new year and then she started laying which is lovely as they are our first chooks!  I don't see any sign from the others - two bluebells and a speckled maran though, but an egg every day or once in a while is still a lo9vely treat!  I know what you mean though about having to go back to the shops for eggs, it feels like a sell out.  Hopefully it won't be too long before you have some more lovely eggs.   ::)

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 40 queries.