bird flu outbreak in nth suffolk

• 68 Replies

fluffypebble

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2007, 13:28 »
I have refused to buy BM produce for years, drives OH and the kids mad as they are the only place that does mini kievs or something but tough.

I am veggie but the rest aren't and I try to buy meat that has been well looked after and killed humanely.  The local butchers state which farm the meat came from so I may pay more but have peace of mind and support local businesses.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

muntjac

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 13:54 »
try this pebbles before you commit to organic meat you can go and ask the local trading standards agency to check on every piece of meat that comes into a butchers until its cut up ready to eat .whilst its a carcase they can check its place of origin after that it can come from anywhere . i have seen where organic " deer " was in fact goat meat .
still alive /............

fluffypebble

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 14:00 »
Thanks for that, the butchers I use is a reputable one but if I have any doubt I will be on to trading standards - there are some dodgy butchers in the Bradford area, you don't know what you are getting or how hygenic it has been kept.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 16:52 »
Quote from: "john"
Wasn't it BM where they did those people for playing baseball with live turkeys? Obviously a professional, disciplined workforce.
Certainly was  :shock:

hermon

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 10:00 »
hope they rot in hell! :x (the workers not the turkeys!)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 11:04 »
Quote from: "hermon"
hope they rot in hell! :x (the workers not the turkeys!)

Actually it's the de-humanising system that causes such behaviour. The psychology is scary and on the same lines as how decent family men were turned into concentration camp guards.  (no I'm not trying to excuse them, just explain them)

A total inability to emphasise with the subject.

7,000 birds in one shed - it's just not right.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

muntjac

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 12:40 »
why should you pick on the workers .... they are doing a job that is demanded by the managment ....... and the people who eat the blooming stuff .do not shoot the messengers . thats the same as vegetarians having a go at me cos i eat meat .and or shoot my own foodstuffs consumers demand cheap produce so blame the man woman or child in the street for wanting it .i bet you probably wear imported  shirts on your back these will have been made by children who cannot afford to go to school or even eat properly ,they get payed  1p per shirt the rest of the food chain takes it up to the £30 you pay for it .. i killed human beings in war and now im a murderer ,yet i was ordered to do it ......... where does that leave me in this argument ,, rant over :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52 »
Karl, I'm not having a go at the workers - I'm having a go at the system that makes the workers lose touch with what they're doing. It makes them insane to some degree.
There was a study done that showed most soldiers didn't actually aim at the enemy. The answer was to de-humanise the enemy. Hence, Krauts, Gooks and Ragheads. You can shoot at them but not people just like you.
The British army command was scared out of its wits by the 1914 Christmas truce because of this human factor.
Incidentally, these Muslim fanatics do the same thing, they kill sinful infidels or something like that.
Killing the enemy in time of war is different to murder which is why there are laws and rules for soldiers. You don't kill unarmed civilians or prisoners.  Even when those rules of war are broken, how much is the soldier to blame? Or is it a system that has made him de-humanise all the enemy not just the ones shooting at him?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52 »
I think John was referring to the workers who were using the turkeys (live) as baseballs - horrendous cruelty, I saw it on TV.  It was not part of their job Munty  :D

muntjac

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 12:56 »
i know that folks ,,,, im just ranting cos i havent got no blooming snow to play in  :wink:  :lol:

muntjac

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 13:03 »
i have seen that kind of action where prisoners were beaten and stopped it .there are good guards as i know by the war in the gulf first time round and . not everyone in b ms is a bassrd they caught the ones responsible . i just got my back up because it was a sweeping statment attacking the workers

quote hermon
hope they rot in hell!  (the workers not the turkeys!)
we got labeled ( the forces ) with the same brush as those  who shot the captured iraq's in the gulf first time around . i just do not like it when everybody is blamed for a situation like the flu outbreak . if it transpires that the disease came from hungary then it is the managements fault for bringing it in ,same as it would be if i went to a show where i knew there had been a  newcastle disease outbreak some months before and my birds caught it ... case closed .  :lol:

muntjac

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 19:57 »
just seen an add on freecyclefor someone giving away 6 fat balls for feeding wild birds .. she doesnt want to encourage wild birds into the garden ,, even though she lives on apoultry farm, over the top or not?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2007, 22:03 »
:roll: some people  :roll:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 10:47 »
Well I hope BM is happy now, he's ruined a lot of people's livelihoods, Got Russia and Japan to stop importing our poultry meat, and as some of us said, it looks like it was brought over from Hungary by some of his own lorries with dead meat in them!!!!!

But will we stop importing meat from Hungary???  If we do it'll only be for a couple of weeks, then we'll go back to normal, instead of trying to promote British Poultry products!!!

OH told me what was on the news when he made me a coffee at 6 this morning.  I felt so angry, that it made me feel sick!!!  Silly iI know, but it really wound me up, and as for their STRINGENT hygiene regulations at BM's farm, how did a virus from DEAD meat end up in 4 of his livestock sheds????

Grrrrrrrrr, and I bet he's sitting in his villa out in spain or wherever it is enjoying himself.

muntjac

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 12:01 »
maybe  he tried to pull a fast one . importing turks already to finish off imported from hungary where its cheaper ,he processes em here n pockets the profit (    maybe  ....) :wink:

actually for prats of the day i have to give suffolk county council the biscuit .. i got a letter from them this morning saying an outbreak of flu has happened .and i need to contact thier helpline  so they can keep me updated on whats happening  :roll:

xx
Bird Flu outbreak in SUFFOLK

Started by muntjac on The Hen House

54 Replies
Last post December 02, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
New Bird Flu Outbreak

Started by grinling on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2017, 14:07
by Paul Plots
xx
Bird Avian Flu Outbreak Information

Started by mumofstig on The Hen House

233 Replies
Last post April 23, 2017, 01:38
by Paul Plots
xx
Newbie from Suffolk

Started by chcikenrunbec on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 20:00
by Kate and her Ducks

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 29 queries.